Author Topic: TAYLOR - Worlingworth  (Read 6134 times)

Offline vanessa2011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TAYLOR - Worlingworth
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 08:59 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your help Trish, this indeed is her.  :D

Kind regards, Vanessa

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 09:00 BST (UK) »
Checking Victorian indexes I cant find a Birth Reg 1858-1861 for a Janet with Father Alexander.
Do you have Janet/Johns Marriage Cert?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline vanessa2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish, Unfortunately no. The Taylors and Torpeys have been very difficult for me to trace. I remember now that I looked at the Vic indexes and found two other children to Alexander and Ann.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 09:07 BST (UK) »
They might have ended up in NSW as there are a Alexander/Anne/Annie Jane/Anne Jane having Children there 1876-1880
Have a look on NSW BMD.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 09:09 BST (UK) »
If you can I think the Marriage Cert is a must as it will have Fathers name occp etc.

Offline vanessa2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 09:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Trish!

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 09:14 BST (UK) »
If you get the Cert let us know and I am sure others on the Australian Board can help more.
Some have access to Records I dont including Victorian BMD indexes that they own. There are some brilliant minds on there.
In fact a posting on there might be a good idea.
Cut and paste some of the info you have from here.

Cheers,
Trish :)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine o'n dh'thainic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 29 October 11 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Hartay, I'm connected to the Taylor family and am a direct descendant of James and Lydia Taylor through their son John. I have quite a bit of info on the family (much of it kindly provided by Geoff Robinson of the Worlingworth History group).

I haven't been able to get any further back with Susannah Carver (1740-1827), I don't know what parish she came from. John's (1746-1817) parents were James Taylor (b.c. 1717)  and Elizabeth Watling (b. 1718); I believe James was the illegitimate son of Sarah Taylor, and his father most likely a John Richards - John was a yeoman of Worlingworth, and he and James Richards of Bedfield agreed to pay £40 " to indemnify the parish from the bastard child of Sarah Taylor". Later John remembered young James in his will.

Your William and wife Eliza and family arrived in Sydney on 17 December 1852 on the ship "Hyspades". Their young son James (b. 1848) died at sea.

Please pm me if I can be of any further help,

Janet
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson

Offline hartay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 October 11 04:04 GMT (UK) »
Janet,  thank you for making contact. Could you please Email me on
*****  I live in Tumut NSW Australia and William and Eliza Taylor are my great great grandparents. Iwould be interested to see if you have information which I don't have.  hartay

Email addy removed in accordance with RootsChat's privacy policy.  Please use our secure Personal Messaging system to exchange private information. New users will need to have made 3 posts before they may access this.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php