Author Topic: * completed*BALLYWALTER *Parish Records *MCMAIL  (Read 11508 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BALLYWALTER *Parish Records *MCMAIL
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 June 11 15:48 BST (UK) »
Linda,
       I have a record of an Elizabeth McMail whose father was John. She married Robert Boyle (father James Boyle) in Ballywalter 2nd Presbyterian Church on 4 May 1862.

Regards

That marriage is the one I mentioned from Ros Davies' site earlier.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bridieb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 June 11 12:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda
I have a Celena McIlmail married to Robert Seeds on 14th February 1857 in Ballywalter Presbyterian Church.  Her father's name is given as John McIlmail.  Robert Seeds is my ancestors brother.
bridieb

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 June 11 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Bridieb
I am very pleased ti hear from you as I have not been able to make any links with my McMail line and would love to know more than I have been able to find out to date. I know that John McMail had 2 children, Ann born in 1828 and Willian born about 1835 both in County Down. One of the earlier postings had found an Elizabeth and I had heard of a Celine but no other details. Do you think John McMail and John McllMail are one and the same. It seems reasonable as the name is so unusual and for both to be at the same church would be a coinidence and very likley related. I would love to know more, would it be in order to exchange email addresses so that we could stahe information. I am new to Rootsweb and not sure of the protocols :)
Kind regards
Linda
Walsh, Ramwell, Roscoe, Whitworth, Hindley, Court, Lobb, Heywood, Bolton, Raby, McMail, Bullough, Fairclough

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 June 11 13:17 BST (UK) »
Once bridieb has three posts you can both use the PM system to exchange email addresses and other details which you aren't allowed to post on the boards.

Offline bridieb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 June 11 15:19 BST (UK) »
hi Linda
I too am new to rootschat - yours was the first post i answered.  I think it is the same Celene McMail/McIlmail, I have found names like Elizabeth shortened to Eliza and Lizzie, also the name McIntosh shortened to Tosh.  I do not have much information on Celena and Robert yet as I am researching the Seeds line, but I will see what I can find over the next few days.  Still have to work out how to post p.m.  I would be delighted to exchange e-mail addresses when I am allowed by Aghadowey!
bridieb

Hi Bridieb
I am very pleased ti hear from you as I have not been able to make any links with my McMail line and would love to know more than I have been able to find out to date. I know that John McMail had 2 children, Ann born in 1828 and Willian born about 1835 both in County Down. One of the earlier postings had found an Elizabeth and I had heard of a Celine but no other details. Do you think John McMail and John McllMail are one and the same. It seems reasonable as the name is so unusual and for both to be at the same church would be a coinidence and very likley related. I would love to know more, would it be in order to exchange email addresses so that we could stahe information. I am new to Rootsweb and not sure of the protocols :)
Kind regards
Linda

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 17 June 11 15:22 BST (UK) »
Can you see a little green scroll under Linda's username on left side of her post? if not, make one more post here and should appear. Then, click on scroll, type message in box and click 'send message'

Offline bridieb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 June 11 15:44 BST (UK) »
thank you Aghadowey
bridieb

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 June 11 16:27 BST (UK) »
Linda,
         I can confirm that William McMail and Rachel Brown married in Ballywalter 2nd Presbyterian Church on 9 Oct 1851.

Regards

Thank you for the confirmation - appreciated
Linda
Walsh, Ramwell, Roscoe, Whitworth, Hindley, Court, Lobb, Heywood, Bolton, Raby, McMail, Bullough, Fairclough

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 June 11 16:40 BST (UK) »
Code: [Select]
Have you tried searching for the children in 1871 English census?
Civil registration of deaths in Ireland started in 1864 and there are no McMail death so I wonder if parents died before 1864.

I had looked previously but have double checked and still can't find any McMail (or varaint) on the 1871. From the story passed down William and Rachel may have drowned on the boat coming from Ireland to Cumbria but as none of them are on the 1871 in England then it would have been later - if it happened at all. It was worth a try though. Thanks. Linda