Author Topic: Repository Loan Fund - Corrected  (Read 2949 times)

Offline JimReynolds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Repository Loan Fund - Corrected
« on: Sunday 12 June 11 23:38 BST (UK) »
Here is a great resource. I found some ancestors and based on who was guaranteeing loans, was able to get confidence on relationships

http://movinghere.org.uk/search/default.asp

There are records online for the each of the funds containing names and relationships. Loans were issued to individuals and each loan had one or more sureties. The records allowed me to confirm the townland and other information. Just understanding who received the loan and who acted as surety allowed me to confirm some relationships.

You can do searches for people or place names against the "Catalogue of Digitised Records". Use the sub-records for the best results. Do your search and then select "Irish"

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Repository Loan Fund
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 June 11 23:45 BST (UK) »
Here is a great resource. I found some ancestors and based on who was guaranteeing loans, was able to get confidence on relationships

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=berksancestry&id=I17656.

There are records online for the each of the funds containing names and relationships. Loans were issued to individuals and each loan had one or more sureties. The records allowed me to confirm the townland and other information. Just understanding who received the loan and who acted as surety allowed me to confirm some relationships.

You can do searches for people or place names against the "Catalogue of Digitised Records". Use the sub-records for the best results. Do your search and then select "Irish"

The link you posted is for details of a man named Harold Billman- can't see any way to access any of the records you've mentioned.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline JimReynolds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Repository Loan Fund
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 June 11 00:38 BST (UK) »
I've corrected the link. Thanks for the catch.