Author Topic: Poynton  (Read 3431 times)

Offline nicholpope

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Poynton
« on: Tuesday 14 June 11 09:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am currently stuck with a Family tree i am completing for a Friend, I have realised that there are no census records for further back than 1901 and i can not seem to find the parish records i need.

I am looking for the Birth and Death of Gilbert Poynton who married Mary Grier in 1863 in Arva, Cavan, Ireland, They had the following children:

Alicia 1864
Gilbert Lewis 1867
Eliza 1870
Olive 1873
Blayney Grier 1875
Joseph Richard 1877

All born Roscommon, Ireland. I found their information on Family search along with their parents marriage.

I have been informed that Blayney Grier Traveled to america when he was 21 to stay with his cousin Amy White born 1853  in Ireland, this may be of some help.

Thank you

Nichol  ;D

Offline nicholpope

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Poynton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 09:59 BST (UK) »

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 11:08 BST (UK) »
Here's Gilbert Poynton in 1901 census- easier to read than the scanned image- born Co. Longford:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Roscommon/Estersnow/Camlin/1673490

Probably the son Gilbert L. Poynton in 1911 census- a farmer but living in a different townland from Gilbert in 1901 census-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Roscommon/Croghan/Carrigeencarragh/777599

Note: Boyle is the registration district not the actual place of death
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline JimReynolds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 23:04 BST (UK) »
I went to the Irish Family History Foundation and found a civil record of a death for Gilbert Poynton in 1904. I looked it up on the county site since you can put in more parameters if you have them . Each record costs €5.00 so you want to be fairly certain.

(It also shows a birth for a Gilbert Lucus Poynton in 1867. I looked  up a couple of the others and they are there too. I'm pretty sure these are the right people)

If you pull the civil death certificate you can get the age and possibly a little more info. I usually see the age, address, marital status, occupation, and information of the informant of the info - relationship, name, and address.

Roscommon site: http://roscommon.rootsireland.ie/

Main site: http://www.rootsireland.ie/