Author Topic: Richard Millington Perks  (Read 17635 times)

Offline Phodgetts

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Richard Millington Perks
« on: Wednesday 15 June 11 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I am trying to determin who the parents of Richard Millington Perks were. Richard was born in 1769, Birmingham and I have been unable to find his parents thus far. He married Ann(e) Snape 31 May 1790 at St Martin's, Birmingham. I would love also to find out who his grandparents were on his father's side, going further back hopefully one if not two generations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am befuddling myself trying to work this one out. So Many threads, so many loose ends and not enough grey cells!  ::)

Philip
Northumberland; Johnson, Johnston, Dodds, Rutherford, Gray, Kennedy, Wilson, Sanderson, Davidson and other Border Marauders as they are discovered on this journey.
Berkshire; Knight, Bristor, Sharpe, Sharp, Ashley.
Suffolk / Essex; Perce, Pearce, Pearse, Pierce, Hayes.
Midlands; Hodgetts, Parker, Easthope.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Millington Perks
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 18:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip, is he the Richard aged 70 living with John and Lucy Perks and family on the 1841 Census in Birmingham, if so he is shown as not born in county?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Phodgetts

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 18:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you kb86, that is correct. I have only just seen the 1841 for the first time myself.

I have g**gled Richard Millington Perks and some descendency is shown, but nothing about him before he had his own family. I would like to punch a hole in that little wall. Hopefully he has such a unique name that it might pop up somewhere in the parish records held by the good folk on here.  :)

Philip
Northumberland; Johnson, Johnston, Dodds, Rutherford, Gray, Kennedy, Wilson, Sanderson, Davidson and other Border Marauders as they are discovered on this journey.

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have not found a baptist record for Richard Millington Perks but I have found one for a Henry Millington Perks
Bap 28 Sep 1776
Holy Cross Shrewsbury Shropshire
Father Richard Perks
Mother Sarah Perks

Could this be a brother ?

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Phodgetts

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 19:22 BST (UK) »
Yes MargP, that looks very promising doesn't it. *I hope more info comes to light on this one. It really is on the fringe isn't it.

Philip  ;D

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip, there are a couple of Public Members Trees on A******y which seem to suggest his parents were John and Eleanor nee Porter, and this marriage:-

John Perks to Eleanor Porter 2nd August 1764 St Martins Birmingham.

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi

There are quite few trees on A*****y for Richard Millington Perks all have him born 2 Oct 1769 died 16 Oct 1842 Birmingham Father John Perks mother Elanor married to Ann Snape one in particular as his name as George (Richard) Perks.

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 20:45 BST (UK) »
The marriage of John Perks 1790 has him married to Hannah Hankins,widow.One of the witnesses was elen Perks.
The marriage between John Perks & Eleanor Porter states he's " of this Parish" but this doesn't mean much as it means he only had to be there 3 weeks.
He's listed as a cabinet maker & one of the witnesses is Mary Porter.
They had a child George christened Oct.2 1769.
I'll say that again,Richard Perks=Ann Snape,both signed own hand & state of this Parish,no family members are witnesses.

jim
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Phodgetts

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 23:58 BST (UK) »
I have seen the Anstry (why do we bother hiding these big names when they are advertised on the headers of the forum pages?) trees, not all but some. One of them does have John Perks and Eleanor Porter, which is great. I would dearly love to have confirmation. But beyond them, mention is made of a William Perks of 1718 (no other details) and a Thomas Perks of 1696 (again no other details), and then the tree blossoms out with William Perks of 1631 and his wife Mary and a list of individuals that go all the way back to 1005 and the D Avranches! Is that possible?  :o I know I haven't done the research but it would be astonishing if this does accurately show some of my lineage. So I am just quietly trying to ascertain one step at a time, if the rather tenuous links via Richard / John , Eleanor / William and Thomas are provable. I do not have any resources other than Ancstry and free online stuff like IGI and my experience of doing all this family history stuff is very limited especially beyond the 1841 census. So I turn to you guys and gals for some sort of support and guidance in the hopes that this little lot is actually even remotely correct, because in this instance I am just a little bit doubtful. I have emailed the tree owner in question for some sort of confirmation of sound research, but so far with out response  ??? If it is correct I have lineage with the De Somery's of Dudley Castle and Lady Jane Grey and John Dudley! You can see why I want some sort of clarification. One cannot just accept someone else's research at face value. It could be very exciting though!  ;) I might be in line to inherit a zoo!  ;D

Philip