Author Topic: Amended: Divers/Barron  (Read 14360 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Amended: Divers/Barron
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 23 June 11 12:20 BST (UK) »
Have you tried searching for a possible 1911 census entry for Hugh Divers?

Just from general searches on SP's 1911 index, there is a 3yr old Hugh Diver (no s) showing with a Margaret and/or Edward in the same houshold. This entry comes up in Old Kilpatrick (right area for Clydebank).

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 23 June 11 12:34 BST (UK) »
Kind of lost the plot but could this be Edward and family in 1901 at 19 John Knox St, Clydebank?

James Diver    52 born Donegal
Bridget Diver    42 born Donegal
Winifred Diver    21 born Donegal
Mary Diver    18
Rose Diver    15
James Diver    12
Edward Diver    10 born Clydebank
Grace Diver    6
Damel Diver    3

An Edward Diver marries a Maggie Lennon in 1907 at Dunbarton.

Try the 1911 with just Diver and I think you'll find them ok.

I would keep in mind this family and details that Cookies found ealier. I think the Edward here showing as aged 10 may well be the one that Cookies found marrying a Maggie Lennon in 1907. If they did go on to have a son Hugh c. 1908, who shows aged 3 in 1911 (fits with a Hugh marrying in 1929 aged 21), then parents must have been young when they married.

There is a death showing on SP for a Margaret Lennon Diver in 1927 who was born c. 1890 in Old Kilpatrick, Dunbartonshire. Would fit with Hugh's mother showing as deceased at the time of the 1929 marriage for Hugh. Did father Edward show as deceased on this?

Possible also that a 'mistake' has been made on Hugh's mother's maiden name from Lennon to Leonard on the marriage cert?

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 23 June 11 13:14 BST (UK) »
We haven't got Hugh's mother's details yet, but I would say this looks a strong candidate. From 1901:

Catherine Leonard 47 b. Ireland
Thomas Leonard 27 boiler maker, b. Glasgow
Henry Leonard 26 rivetter b. Helensburgh, Dumbartonshire
Catherine Leonard 17 b. Yoker, Dumbartonshire
Mary Leonard 15 b. Yoker, Dumbartonshire
Maggie Leonard 11 b. Yoker, Dumbartonshire

Address: Hamilton Ter, Old Kilpatrick

From 1891, father looks to be called Thomas, a coal dealer b. Ireland, still living at Hamilton Terrace, 6. Having checked censuses for this family from 1881-1901, they show in all of them as Leonard. Possibly the error on Lennon crept in just for the marriage entry that Cookies has found (if we have the right details!).

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 24 June 11 12:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for all of the information, Monica. I've passed it on the the person I was doing it for.

I do agree with your findings on Hugh and his parents.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 24 June 11 12:07 BST (UK) »
You have done great with this Jamjar - the person you are doing this for should be mighty chuffed!

Monica  :)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 24 June 11 12:17 BST (UK) »
Yes, she was. She phoned her 80 year old mother as soon as I gave her a print out of all we'd found and was heading over to show her as soon as she'd finshed work.

I'd keep going on it if it didn't cost so much on SP.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline MULLEEKMAN

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 02 September 12 18:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Jamjar, I don't know if you will get this or not, I have only registered so I can contact you as I am new to all this.  I have been trying to track down missing Barrons and to my surprise your discussion of 'my' Barrons came up on a google search- I am descended from another of the siblings of Matthew- a Joseph John born 1872 and have been trying to trace Matthew, his brother James (1870) and a sister Barbara (1885) without much luck for the last 6 months.  I know you mention you were doing this work for someone else, is there any way you could contact them and ask if they have come across any details on James or Barbara?- I have details on all the others listed if they are interested.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 02 September 12 23:53 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

Are you in Australia?

If not I can only suggest you try to contact Delores Loseby-Halls through Face Book.

Alternatively, if that doesn't work, after you make 3 posts here you can send me a personal message with an email address and I could Face Book it to her.

Jamjar