Author Topic: Looking for Domenico  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Greenealogist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Domenico
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 21:37 BST (UK) »
The plot thickens:
Holborn, Jun Qtr 1915:
Rossini Desolina Spouse's suname: Secchi
Secchi Giovanni Spouse's surname: Rossini
Also on that page
Rossini Rosa Spouse's surname: Festa
Festa Gioacchino Spouse's surname: Rossini

Ohho, Julie W, that's brilliant. I've been searching for him for several months and I didn't see that, relying on my informant's information. The probate's very useful too, lots to print.

Offline Hyacinth12

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am a direct deccendant of Domenico. When his wife died, (Edith), his next wife was her sister, Florence Pocock, who I used to visit in London, at the adress you mentioned. They then had another daughter, who is still alive. The children from his marraige to Eidth are all deceased. I am unaware why his estate was not left to his wife, and assume that Desolina Lucia Emerlinda Secchi is one of his relations. Any more information is gratefully recieved.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 15:05 GMT (UK) »
I am unaware why his estate was not left to his wife, and assume that Desolina Lucia Emerlinda Secchi is one of his relations.

Domenico Lorenzo Sante Rasini of 152 Corporation Buildings, Ray St., Clerkenwell, Middlesex, died 24 June 1935. Probate granted to Desolina Lucia Emerlinda Secchi (wife of Giovanni Giacomo Secchi). Effects £877 13s 10d.
Desolina Secchi applied for probate of his Will (perhaps he chose her as an executor) but that doesn't mean that she inherited anything from Domenico.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!