Author Topic: 1823 death in Birmingham for William Bingley  (Read 3963 times)

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1823 death in Birmingham for William Bingley
« on: Saturday 25 June 11 13:38 BST (UK) »
I am curious as to what information I would find on an 1823 burial in Birmingham for a William Bingley? Would it name his parents and/or his wife? Thank you.

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1823 death in Birmingham for William Bingley
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 June 11 17:30 BST (UK) »
William Bingley
burial 3 Apr 1823
age at death 45 yob 1778
St Paul Birmingham Warwickshire
Anglican
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 June 11 18:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Isobelruss.
I presume that's all the information recorded on the burial record, ie. wife or parents not provided?  This is the William Bingley I am looking for- the age is an exact match and as far as I can tell there were very few Bingley families in Birmingham at that time.

Bingley, William born/christened 3 July 1778 at St. Martins Birmingham to William Bingley and Mary (Pucker). I think this is the Wm. Bingley, plated spoon manufacturer, silversmith, etc. that is listed in 1818 Wrightsons Triennial as Wm. Bingley & Son.  They did business with James Watt and Matthew Boulton at Soho. Watt's draftsman was Wm. Playfair and Playfair's daughter- Elizabeth born c 1782- married (unproven) the Wm. Bingley whose burial you noted in 1823.

To prove this theory I need (and so far cannot find) the marriage record between Bingley/Playfair. I posted on this subject a couple of years ago and have started the search again after a 2 year hiatus.

Perhaps someone has more detailed research regarding the Bingley family of Birmingham?

Thanks for your help.

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 December 11 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps someone has more detailed research regarding the Bingley family of Birmingham?

I am trying to find any kind of resource that would shed light on this Bingley family in Birmingham, especially William Bingley christened 1778 at St. Martins.  Suggestions welcomed.

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 December 11 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm not too much of a genealogist and I could have got this entirely incorrect, but, here goes.  I have a record for Elizabeth Playfair born c1782 England, Married 1802 England, Father William Playfair Mother Mary Morris.  This record states Elizabeth Playfair died c1867 in Bathhurst, Lanark Ontario, Canada.  The good news is that her husband was Bingley, the bad news is his christian name is given as John (professor).  This could be a mistake or the whole thing is just a coincidence.  Also on this record is the details of the informant, name and address so if you PM me with your email address I'll send you a jpeg of the record.  Regards, John.

Offline Perks1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 April 13 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hello

I'm interested in the Bingley Family in Birmingham. I am looking into a James Bingley Perkins who sees to have been bap 3 Mar 1778 at St Philips, Birmingham to a William and Martha Perkins. I'm guessing that for Bingley to be used as a middle name that there must be some connection.

Do you know of a Martha Bingley who marries a William Perkins?

I wondering if the Mary PUCKER you mention in an earlier post could actually also be a PERKINS. There are plenty of Perkins in Birmingham but not many Pucker.

Perks1
Butler - Yorkshire
Harwood - Hertfordshire
Latour - India
Milne - India, Northumberland
Perkins - Berkshire, Huntingdonshire, Pembrokeshire, Tasmania
Price - Ireland, Liverpool
Watson - Northumberland