Author Topic: Thomas B STRINGER m. Christina S MANLEY  (Read 9222 times)

Offline thousandnames

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas B STRINGER m. Christina S MANLEY
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 June 11 12:50 BST (UK) »
Would there be a chance of a baptism record for Thomas Stringer? Thanks

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 June 11 12:52 BST (UK) »
Would there be a chance of a baptism record for Thomas Stringer? Thanks

depends on where he was born... as I said I dont see any sign of there being historic Church of Ireland parish records available for Ennereilly, but will double check  later on..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 July 11 19:14 BST (UK) »
Doesn't answer your question but I wonder if the William Stringer of Arklow, mentioned as a petitioner below, was the father of Thomas:-

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/wicklow/newspapers/freemans-wick05.txt

Cheers

Offline Roscunard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 August 11 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I Think Your George Manley is my ggggreat Grandfather.
On my Gg great Grandmother Eunice S Manley's marriage certificate her father is listed as George manley from keelogue which is just beside kilbride Church where your ancestors were married.

She married William Waldron from Ferrybank Arklow on the 22nd of August 1846 the witnesses were George Manley and John Manley. They were married in the Church of Ireland Kilbride Eneriley. I actually visited the church last week to go through records for Waldron births and I came across their marriage in the register. I had already known the date of the marriage and had been to the church before but it was amazing seeing the register in person and getting to see their signatures.

I did notice the name stringer popping up a lot in the records.I am planning on going back down to Arklow in a week or so and I will have a look at what names come up under stringer while I'm there if you would like me to?

I never knew Georges wife's name so you have given me another piece to my puzzle. thank you so much. I can now go and look for graves for them. from what the Vicar told me last week there seems to be a few small graveyards scattered in that area one of which he said was near keelogue so with a bit of luck something will pop up. By the way i did a google search for George Manley keelogue Wicklow the other day and came across  a reference from the index of Will abstracts in the Genealogical office Dublin which had listed his will in1853. all that it showed was Manley George keelogue Wicklow 1853 S.2.P and page 289. I'm guessing there must be a will there to match this reference. Also I found an Isaac Manley in Keelogue in the 1901 census judging by his age I guess he was Eunice and Christina's brother. In the 1911 census he was listed as being married to Anne Stedman he was 80 and a Methodist.

Would love to hear anymore info you have.

Offline Roscunard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 August 11 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Again,

I got in touch with peggy Leonard who posted Thomas and Christina's marriage cert on the crmc project. The following is from the Record which she herself originally viewed. Hope it is of some help

Thomas Stringer m. Christina Manley.....bachelor and spinster.
Fathers' names were William Stringer and George Manley.  They married 17 May 1852.  witnesses to the marriage were William Manley and George Manley.  Thomas' address was Raheen.  Christina's address was Keelogue.  In my notes it says NC, which means Non Catholic.

kind regards,
Rosaline

Offline Cara2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 10 October 11 01:41 BST (UK) »
I do know that Thomas Stringer's father was William.............
and his wifes parents  were John Manley/Manly and Elizabeth Chamney and Elizabeth's father was Christopher
and John Manley/Manly father was George and John and Elizabeth were married 22/4/1847  and in my files \I have a copy of this marriage certificate as I hold a copy of the parish records for Dunganstown Church of Ireland

Siblings I have but not actually totally proven as my data base does have hole in it.
1-Mary Ann
2- Elizabeth who died 29/9/1877 and is interred in Glenealy
3- Christina S

The B in Thomas B Stringers name may be Benjamin but not proven also

I have after a spell of 12 months ( due to personal reasons) just returned to my love of Irish research, I am not related, I have over 25 years been building a data base from parish registers and such for Wicklow, and Wexford and now have begun a Dublin one.

Cheers
Cara who also can been found on the Wicklow Rootsweb list