Author Topic: WILLIAM JAMES.  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM JAMES.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 June 11 15:59 BST (UK) »
There is no William James baptised at Pembroke in 1840, however there is one at Monkton in that year and the IGI wesite confirms as 02 Feb 1840 to John & Lettice James of Taylors Lake.

From my transcription of the Parish Registers of Pembroke St Mary I note in the register covering the period 1847 to 1895
17 Jan 1864 George to William & Mary James of Orange Gardens a labourer baptised by D.W. Morris
17 Jan 1864 Edward to William & Mary James of Orange Gardens a labourer baptised by D.W. Morris
(There is no comment to them being twins)

From the same transcript but from the Register of Burials covering the period 1839 to 1882 I note
Hannah John of Long Entry buried 07 Mar 1857 aged 57 yrs by T. Crichley
Letitia John of Long Entry buried 12 Sep 1855 aged 58 yrs by Hy Williams
Isaac James of Orange Gardens buried 06 Mar 1877 aged 01 yr 09mths by Henry S. Blink
James James of Westgate buried 06 Jan 1864 aged 04 mths by C. Douglas
Martha James of Orange Gardens buried 28 Feb 1877 aged 11 mths by Henry S. Blink
Mary Ann James of Orange Gardens buried 08 Sep 1872 aged 02 yr 06 mths by Henry S. Blink

I have managed to find the following
29 Nov 1834 William Roblin mrd Susanah Phillip at Cyffig

Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline GYPO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 July 11 08:10 BST (UK) »
HI
  GEORGE JAMES the son of WILLIAM and MARY was my Great Grandfather B 16 DEC 1863,ORANGE GARDENS ST MARY.His brother EDWARD was  year older.There was also a brother John B 9 FEB 1870,what looks to be COMMONO on his birth certificate.Was there such a place.Once again many thanks for what you have done so far.
                                                                                           CHRIS.

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 July 11 11:11 BST (UK) »

Can anyone please help.I have the marriage certificate of my 2xGreat Grand Parents WILLIAM JAMES and MARY ROBLIN,married on the 12th August 1862 in the Parish Church, in the Parish of SAINT MARY, PEMBROKE,PEMBROKESHIRE.I cannot decipher the  name or occupation of the FATHER , of WILLIAM JAMES is there anywhere,anyway i can find this out.

If you scan scan and attach  the bit that is the part you can`t make out, perhaps someone else can help. There were  many William James around.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 July 11 15:51 BST (UK) »
The only reference I can find is from my transcription of the parish registers of St Mary for baptism covering the period 1847 to 1895 ;
John James 29 Dec 1872 to Mary Ann James of the Workhouse a singlewoman privately baptised by Henry S. Blink.
So 'your' John was not baptised at St Mary or St Michael or Monkton.

I shall be interested to see the scan of the mrge certificate. I have always understood that the civil registration mrge certificate is an exact duplicate of that certificate retained by the parish. That your copy has a father and occupation on it and the parish register copy does not makes it all the more interesting.

Even when my own direct ancestors name was added to the wrong bride in an ajoining certificate the error still appears on both parish and civil certificates, this of course the likes of Free BMD index wrong for this couple, but that is another story.

Rgds
Orielbenfro
Oriel a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015