Author Topic: CHEDISTON Parish Records  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Chediston

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
CHEDISTON Parish Records
« on: Thursday 30 June 11 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hello All

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me find out some info on  a branch of my wife's family - the EMENY's.  I have drawn a blank in other parishes (Dennington & Laxfield) with baptisms & am beginning to wonder if the family were other than CofE.

From the information I have Henry Emeny & his wife married in 1888 & lived in Laxfield to start with, moved to Chediston somewhere around 1890 but by 1911 they had moved to Sweffling.  From what I have found their last child was born about 1900 in Chediston - I have the BMD reference birth registration nos for the children I have been able to identify but nothing else.  So if anyone could check the Chediston PR's for me in the time frame 1890-1900 I would be very grateful.   

Also if anyone can assist with info on the previous generation (George Emeny & Sarah nee Pipe) that lived in Dennington .  They appear to have had at least 12 children born in Brundish & Dennington but I have not found one baptism, which is very frustrating.

Andy

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: CHEDISTON Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 June 11 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

I have some distant connection with Pipe in Dennington and have information about the families.

Have to go to hosp appointment this morning so will have a look to see if I can help later on today.

I think the parishes you mention could well be on the Framlingham and Peasenhall Methodist Circuit, although Chediston is right next to Halesworth - so a non-conformist connection could be something to consider.

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 July 11 08:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Andy

I have EMENY's from that area in my tree & have hit upon the same problem >:(  Nothing for children of George & Sarah married 1847 in the Hoxne Dst - their children seem to have been born in Brundish & Dennington but not one baptism have I found.

So if anyone can shed any light on the matter I too would be eternally grateful.

Keziah

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 July 11 16:46 BST (UK) »
From my notes

9/11 1847   Brundish - married Sarah Pipe x and George Emany x lab
witnesses Charles Larter x, Pillany? Stopher
[John Pipe lab, John Emany lab]

these are based on notes given to me by another researcher, this is not one of 'my' Pipes  ;)
As soon as you have made three posts, I will PM to you the details of the person and you can contact them directly.

Pat ...

I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline mcmp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 July 11 13:41 BST (UK) »
In addition to that I think you will find that Sarah was the daughter of Jonathon Pipe (bap 23rd Sept 1810 Brundish) & Ann Ballard (b abt 1810 Brundish) , married in Brundish 13th Oct 1828

Michael Pipe
PIPE, CABLE, STANLEY, WATSON, East Anglia
BARTON, JUPP, WOOD, MUNN, PETERS, MARTIN, Kent & Sussex
OXENBURY, Dorset
WILDE, Derbyshire

Offline Chediston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 July 11 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Pat - thank you for that info.  I had narrowed down the search for that marriage to the BMD Ref No but did not have the exact date.  I will endeavour to make 2 more posts asap

Keziah - glad to know I am not alone on not finding anything

Michael - Thank you for that info also.  I had made the association with Jonathan Pipe & Ann Ballard but did not have a date for that marriage.  Can I ask do you know of anymore children from that marriage as to date I have only found Sarah?  I have the next generation back I think - William Pipe & Jane.

Many thanks
Andy

Offline mcmp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 July 11 15:23 BST (UK) »
As far as I can tell there was only one child.  Yes, the next generation back was William Pipe (bap 27 March 1774 Wilby, buried Brundish 5th Oct 1855) and Jane Moulton (b 1780 Laxfield, probably buried 19th April 1850 in Brundish), and married 31st Nov 1797 in Brundish.  They had a multitude of offspring, Jonathon being about the 10th of 14.

Michael

PIPE, CABLE, STANLEY, WATSON, East Anglia
BARTON, JUPP, WOOD, MUNN, PETERS, MARTIN, Kent & Sussex
OXENBURY, Dorset
WILDE, Derbyshire

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 02 July 11 20:29 BST (UK) »
Yes, the next generation back was William Pipe (bap 27 March 1774 Wilby, buried Brundish 5th Oct 1855) and Jane Moulton (b 1780 Laxfield, probably buried 19th April 1850 in Brundish), and married 31st Nov 1797 in Brundish.  They had a multitude of offspring, Jonathon being about the 10th of 14.

And our line comes from their son Elijah  ;D

Pat ...
I have to find two more!

Offline Chediston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 July 11 11:39 BST (UK) »
Think I have resolved this one - found an entry on Ancestry Wills & Probates that suggests at least one member of the Dennington Emeny's was a baptist so that could well explain the lack of infant baptisms.

From what I can see there is a Baptist chapel in nearby Laxfield now - can anyone tell me did it exist in the 1850's??