Author Topic: **COMPLETED** Tallow Graveyard/ Fitzgerald Obelisk  (Read 4139 times)

Offline sams mam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
**COMPLETED** Tallow Graveyard/ Fitzgerald Obelisk
« on: Thursday 30 June 11 20:25 BST (UK) »
Is there anyone in Tallow area who would pop into Catholic graveyard beside church and have a look at the Fitzgerald gravestone (it looks like an Obelisk) for me and tell me if it has been cleaned? I have an elderly friend in Australia looking for a photograph of it but I won't get to Tallow until August when I get hols from work. Last time she got a photo monument was covered in litchen and she couldn't read inscription. She has had information from someone suggesting that stone has now been cleaned. If you could get a photo and e mail it to me I'd appreciate it very much and my friend would be overjoyed!
Inscription reads Erected by Maurice Fitzgerald of Midleton. It mentions his wife Mary who died young, and his children Helen and Maurice. It also mentions his sister Abina and his parents Richard Fitzgerald died 1867 and his Mother Johanna Barry, died 1862.
Monument is behind the church to the right hand side. Any help very much appreciated.
Regards
Sams Mam ;D
Heffernan - Fermoy,Co Cork.
Curtin -Tallow, Co Waterford.
Crowley, Castletownbere, Co Cork
Forbes-Birnie, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Lyall, Sanday Island Orkney.

Offline avopotto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tallow Graveyard/ Fitzgerald Obelisk
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 July 11 02:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sams Mam for your effort to obtain the photos earlier than August. As you now know I have the photos already thanks to another kind lady from Midleton. Elderly friend