Author Topic: Parish Registers Blaenau Ffestiniog ?  (Read 4364 times)

Offline mrs griff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Granny Emma
    • View Profile
Parish Registers Blaenau Ffestiniog ?
« on: Thursday 30 June 11 21:03 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me where they are held , looking for marriages from 1901 onwards , have two Lady's to find and it's proving difficult with BMD , with out knowing who they married and sending letters to registrars offices's so thought If I could maybe trawl parish registers maybe an address or the fathers name would help me find the right ones .

Kind Regards Mrs Griff.
Glamorgan, Merioneth,Caernavon
Roberts,  Williams.
Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Registers Blaenau Ffestiniog ?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 June 11 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs Griff

According to Genuki the Ffestiniog registers are held at the Merioneth Archives at Dolgellau.  Have you tried looking on the NorthWales BMD website?  They would include civil and religious marriages and include the subdistricts.  Oops sorrythis was incorrect for marriages!

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mrs griff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Granny Emma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 June 11 22:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Heather,
I did look on genuki and noted they were at Dolgellau, I will contact them it is so difficult with women marrying as you know, North Wales BMD do narrow the search but it still means asking the office to check the fathers name and in my case it's Roberts!! ladies Jane & Mary  father John Roberts and there are many with that combination :)

Mrs Griff
Roberts,  Williams.

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 June 11 22:47 BST (UK) »
As a fellow "sufferer" with Jones and Roberts and Davies I can certainly empathize :'(

If you have a name of the property they were living in 1901 and 1911 that might help the registrar narrow it down?  When I was looking for my Joneses in Caeernarfon and Bangor both the registrars said it did help to give them the last known house/farm address and or where the first child of the marriage was born. 

Good Luck
Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mrs griff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Granny Emma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 June 11 23:18 BST (UK) »
Yes we are  all "sufferer " with our welsh surnames I have my family in 1901  5 of them and in 1911 can only find one , the head was a widow aged 50 so she could have remarried also the daughters could have married and the son as well , but I think I have him going to the USA but again it's the surname and they all seem to have a mirror images  !!

As you know in research you put the file away then something trigger's you to get it out again and you are off again only to hit the same brick wall  ???  :) and hope more records come online.

Mrs Griff
Roberts,  Williams.