Author Topic: Stevenson of Loughborough born 1803  (Read 32252 times)

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stevenson of Loughborough born 1803
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 01:48 GMT (UK) »
The only James Stevenson I found and there's hardly any, was a death of a James Stevenson in Ashby Folville in 1792.

I will need to look back over my notes but I think I found more than one Rogers in that village too because I remember looking it up last week to see where it is.

If it's the same James, we know he registered the birth of Elizabeth Rogers and stated he was a relative but it seems to me that he did that in Loughborough because you were looking in the Loughborough records indexes etc. 

I looked on the map and Ashby Folville is east of Loughborough between Melton and Leicester.

Thanks again... V

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 21:58 GMT (UK) »
can check walton but going away for weekend and evenings full of flutes ready for exams mid march!!

first day back at work yesterday (wed) - absolutly shattered, then again today + 4 flute lessons & male voice choir (training them). Skegness for meeting tomorrow then Meccano exhibition over weekend in Lincoln!!

will need another 8 months off soon  ???

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Friday 24 February 12 15:35 GMT (UK) »
You are really busy busy but what a lovely sound those flutes and choirs must make. 

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday 29 February 12 12:10 GMT (UK) »
walton marriage:

Marriage was solomized between Richard Rogers of the parish of Loughborough, _? (think says cutler? this would be space for occupation) and Elizabeth Moore of the same parish, Spinster. 1659

strangely no date but the vicar seems to have written his records after the event as there are a couple of september marriages before and then a July baptism after. so prob marriage after september.

i did check through the baptisms 1630 - 1643 but couldn't see Richard - alll beautiful Latin (which i did 2 years of in middle school - Amo, Amas, Amant....)  ;D

i took a photo of record which i am sending by email viv - can't attach on lookups board.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Thursday 01 March 12 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Amazing to see the actual marriage record written by someone in 1659. Rogers and Stevensons go back in Ashby Folville so I'll look and see if a Richard was born there.

Many thanks again!!

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Thursday 01 March 12 22:16 GMT (UK) »
No Rogers in Ashby Folville but Blaby seems to the very close or within that small local area. Rogers go back to the 1500's there with a George Rogers having a large family, including  son George 1600, John 1605,  Ruth 1611, Dorcas 1616 etc. Those 2 villages are where the only James Stevenson I could find (godfather of Elizabeth Rogers in Loughborough in 1770's) comes from because there's a record of his death.

Early Rogers in Prestwold (as you say just across the village from Loughborough) beginning in the 1500's including another Elizabeth Rogers who married a Richard Roe in 1574. Other Prestwold Rogers continue on. You found the soldier, Thomas who married there from St Ives, who was a Rogers so maybe he was a cousin of theirs, visited and married a village girl. Since there was also that John Rogers "the stranger" who married a Jane in Loughborough about 10 years earlier perhaps he too was from St Ives and was Thomas' older brother.

Thanks again for your input.

Offline ruthtree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Monday 15 April 13 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hello, I have recently been looking at wills at Nottm records office. Thomas Stevenson farmer, died in Beeston Nott'm 1801 aged 61. In his will he mentions 3 siblings. Brother Wm Stevenson farmer of Quarndon Leics ( mentions Wms 2 sons: John eldest and Wm who inherits the Beeston farm) brother Joseph Stevenson of Bradmore Notts and sister  Elizabeth - wife of John Marriott of Bradmore Notts and 2 of their children John and Mary.
  I am descended from Wm Stevenson farmer of Beeston and had been unable to track his birthplace. I now believe he is the Wm son of Wm Stevenson mentioned in the will. I was intending to visit Wigston soon to track back on them, so any information would be brilliant.
           regards Ruth

Offline ft_critical

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Saturday 25 April 15 14:10 BST (UK) »
On advice, re-posting here:

Hello I am Andrew Stevenson, currently living in Australia.  I have some unverified family information that seems related to the previous thread on Stevenson in Loughborough.

I have:
Thomas Stevenson and Ann Taylor,
Son = William Stevenson (there seem to be rather too many William Stevenson's in L'boro)

William Stevenson and Elizabeth Roberts (d/o Thomas Roberts and Hannah Tutin)
son George Stevenson
dau Elizabeth Stevenson ~1830 Loughborough,
dau Anne Stevenson 1833 L'boro,

George Stevenson and Elizabeth??
son William Henry Stevenson Confirmed as born 1871 Ucksfield Register
Other children, were Charles, Annie, Louie, May.

So I don't know how accurate any of that is except for William Henry Stevenson. I can't find from any of the online sources who the parents were and I was wondering whether anyone could assist me?

It would be pretty interesting if these Stevenson's were related to those in the other thread.

Thank you,

Andrew

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Saturday 25 April 15 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrew, I can certainly check the L'boro PRs for you on Monday.

Viv & I haven't been in touch for a while but I know she will see this thread

Diddy