Author Topic: Looking for Benjamin Roberts  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Benjamin Roberts
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 July 11 12:31 BST (UK) »
1871 - RG10/5652/70/27  with an extra (step) son, William Mears, aged 21, b. Plasbenion.  Nothing in my baptisms though,  which go to 1853. I'm assuming that maybe they were non-conformist.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Aussiekev

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 July 11 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone and thanks very much for all your replies.  I think I must have mislead everyone regarding my original question.  You all have the correct family for Benjamin Roberts but I was just trying to find out how to look up passenger lists and how to find a person who had emigrated to Australia and then possibly some time later to America from Australia.  Sandra's earlier response was great but is that all the information that is provided  i.e., I assume the passenger didn't have to give his birthplace or any other info?  In other words, there's no way of knowing if this is the Benjamin Roberts I'm looking for? 
Regards
Linda  :)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 July 11 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

The info that Sandra gave is the only info that I can find online. The originals are cited as in the Queensland State Archives, Registers of Immigrant Ships' Arrivals.

Do you have a rough idea of when he moved to America - he might be on one of the censuses.

Also, it might be worth asking on the Australia boards. They might know of  more resources particular to Queensland.

gnu

Added -

I've found a better ref for you on the Index to Registers of Immigrant Ship Arrivals at Queensland State Archives:

Roberts, Benjamin, aged 20, Ship - Jerusalem, 31 Oct 1883, Location - IMM/126 Page 63 Microfilm1 Z1967 Microfilm 2 M1706
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Aussiekev

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 08:22 BST (UK) »
Hi both and thanks for that further information.  I shall take a look at the Queensland Archive info.  Unfortunately, I do not know when or if he moved to the USA it was just something that was mentioned to me but I shall take a look at the census info too.  Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards
Linda :D