Author Topic: polish Migrants to New Zealand 1876  (Read 1322 times)

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
polish Migrants to New Zealand 1876
« on: Monday 04 July 11 04:48 BST (UK) »
 ;D  Hi

I am looking for information on how to research the births and marriages of a Polish couple, who as far as i knw were born in Kokoszki, Poland (I think it was Prussia at that time)  The arrived in New Zealand on the Frizt Reuter in 1876

Names of  Jozef Alfuth later anglisized to Joseph Alford and his wife was Maria Alfuth nee Redman, later anglisized to Mary Ann Alford.

Thanks for any help

Rotosis

I already have teh history of their journey to NZ.
Wifes side    
Bayley (Wem & Chester & Canada), Davies(Llandgela), Price (Shropshire), Evans, Healey (Sligo Ireland) Harrison (Cheshire), Brereton (Haslington, Cheshire), Ford (Mow Cop/Haslington, Cheshire)

Husbands side
Plaisted (London UK, Australia & New Zealand), Gillbanks (England to New Zealand) Ridley (Kent to New Zealand) Gordon (Perth Scotland to New Zealand), Hill (Antrim Ireland to New Zealand) Alfuth/Alford (Kokoszki, Poland to New Zealand) Hoppy (Germany? to New Zealand)

Offline Dawid Osnowski

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: polish Migrants to New Zealand 1876
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 November 14 00:32 GMT (UK) »
hi, i think i know how to find it. In the church's books. i come from Kokoszkowy, Poland. My grandmother was Stefania Alfuth.

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: polish Migrants to New Zealand 1876
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 November 14 01:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawid

Wow after all this time to get your reply is wonderful.  I would love to know more about my husbands Alfuth family.

Is there anyway you can find them in the church books you mention.  I can give you details.  Thank you.  I wonder is your mother is part of the same family.  This is great.  Thank you.
Wifes side    
Bayley (Wem & Chester & Canada), Davies(Llandgela), Price (Shropshire), Evans, Healey (Sligo Ireland) Harrison (Cheshire), Brereton (Haslington, Cheshire), Ford (Mow Cop/Haslington, Cheshire)

Husbands side
Plaisted (London UK, Australia & New Zealand), Gillbanks (England to New Zealand) Ridley (Kent to New Zealand) Gordon (Perth Scotland to New Zealand), Hill (Antrim Ireland to New Zealand) Alfuth/Alford (Kokoszki, Poland to New Zealand) Hoppy (Germany? to New Zealand)