Author Topic: Clancy Family from Ballycumber  (Read 16424 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Clancy Family from Ballycumber
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 July 11 22:53 BST (UK) »
There is a Margaret Clancy on a Boston Passenger List born about 1891 and aged 20 years. Birth place is listed Kilpatrick. Ireland.  Travelling Liverpool. England to Boston. Massachusetts arriving 13 September 1911 on the Franconia. Father Joseph Clancy. Kilpatrick. Kings County. Margaret is going to East Providence. Rhode Island to an Uncle Matt Chaney. Can't quite read the address but it is something like 25 Manin Avenue. East Providence. Margaret was 5 ft 5 ins. Fair complexion, fair hair, blue eyes.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 July 11 23:17 BST (UK) »
If Jack 1896 was John Clancy, there is a New York Passenger List for a John Clancy. Born about 1895 Ballycumber and aged 33 years. who was listed but did not travel Cobh. Ireland to New York  which should have arrived  30 September 1928 on the Carinthia. John was listed as a groom. Also listed to travel were Kathleen Clancy aged 33 years and a daughter aged 7 years born Moate, a daughter 5 years born Dublin and a son aged 3 born Dundalk All listed as last permanently living in Dundalk.

Have found the other passenger list and the family travelled slightly later on the 15 October 1928 on the Franconia. Father Joseph Clancy. Kilpatrick. Ballycumber. Kings Co. Going to brother Patrick Clancy. 150-W-64th Street. New York.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline benchurian

• RootsChat Member
  • Personal history lives on through the generations.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 15:18 BST (UK) »
WOW..........You guys have blown me away. Many, many thanks to you. I have no idea where you got this but with the exception of the Fermoy angle , the rest seems to fit. I have a lot to work with so thank you all. If this info is available online or by mailorder can you provide the source. I of course will start Googling immediatly and doing my own work.  Again many thanks.  Next time I hit a dead end I know where to come back to.

Gerry O'Connor   ;D
Connor/O Connor, Kiltoom, Westmeath
Duff, Coolure, Mayne, Co. Westmeath
Clancy, Kane, Endrim & Kilpatrick, Kings County
McKenzie, Dublin and Dundee.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 16:00 BST (UK) »
All the information above should be available from subscription sites.  You can find links to what's available online here:  http://www.germanroots.com/passengers.html

I found a possible match for Jack/John on a WWII Draft Registration Card as follows:
John Clancy
Warm Springs, Bath Co., Virginia
Telephone 5L1, exchange - Hot Springs
Age 47
Born April 4, 1895 in Kings County, Ireland
Name of person who will always know his address:  Mrs. John Clancy, Warm Springs, Va.
Employer:  Allen M. Hirsch, Montclair, New Jersey
Place of employment or business:  Warm Springs, Bath Co., Virginia
White, 5'8" tall, 165 lbs., hazel eyes, brown hair, ruddy complexion
Dated 27 Apr. 1942

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 16:01 BST (UK) »
If that John is the right person, there is a possible match for him on the Social Security Death Index with a death date in Mar. 1976. 

Offline RuthE.

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 03:03 GMT (UK) »
I am Patrick Joseph Clancy's daughter in law. I can fill in some info. for you. Paddy and Jack both worked and lived in Delaware. They were horsemen. Jack managed a farm for a wealthy Wilmington Delaware family and Paddy came to work for him(from New York I think). Later Paddy became farm manager and Uncle Jack went to work for the Hirsch family that I saw on another post. He later lived in Burlington Vermont and finally in Troy New York with his daughter Mary. His wife was Nancy Daly and they were married in Ireland and he came to the U.S before Paddy and Eileen did. He had 4 children, Ann Clancy, Joseph * Clancy, * Clancy ? (I can get her married name) and Pat Clancy Lawliss. Only * is still living. We saw her and two of her daughters last year. Uncle Jack is buried in Burlington Vermont which is where his wife was buried much earlier.

I think Eileen, Mary and Margaret all lived in the New England area (north of Delaware). Either Mary or Margaret had a daughter, *. Eileen lived in Massachusetts and was married twice (Bolton and Hill). She had two sons. I get e-mails from * Bolton who  lives in California now.

Paddy's wife Nora Crinion was from County Meath and they met in the U.S. I married their son, another * Clancy in 1960 and never met * older siblings, * and *. I met an older (oldest?) brother, *? who came from Ireland for a visit in about 1962 or 1963.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.  New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Aidan Clancy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 08 January 24 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I hppe my reply is not too late
  You are talking about my fathers siblings.

Regards

Aidan