Author Topic: Noddles in Calbeck  (Read 12875 times)

Offline Alison Carter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Noddles in Calbeck
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 21 July 16 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison.

I will forewarn you that the Noddle / Bailey family tree search may not turn out information that you or your dad wish to know... Take for example the lie that our great grandmother had died when she had actually run off with her employer and had put 'our' grandmother in to care.. And previous babies too. My mum still can't accept this information.

Hi Caroline,

I did send you a message, not sure if you got it, haven't used this site before so don't really know what I'm doing.

I've always known dads family would be complicated but I've grown up knowing nothing about his side and any info would be great no matter how bad. It would be nice to know my roots.
Dad said he drove your mum to the funeral but he doesn't remember you.

Offline Alison Carter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 21 July 16 20:37 BST (UK) »

Hi Caroline,

I did send you a message, not sure if you got it, haven't used this site before so don't really know what I'm doing.

I've always known dads family would be complicated but I've grown up knowing nothing about his side and any info would be great no matter how bad. It would be nice to know my roots.
Dad said he drove your mum to the funeral but he doesn't remember you.

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 22 July 16 13:30 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on three children, the first been Kate Noddle born June 1902 she is the daughter of Esther Noddle, she is on the 1911 census living with her Grandma  (Isabella) in Calbeck but then disappears.

The second child is Florence Noddle I think she is the daughter of Margaret Jane Noddle, all that I know about Florence is she was born 1897, Wigton, area.   Margaret Jane and Esther Noddle are sisters.

And finally, Isabella Twentyman Noddle born 1902 Longtown, Cumberland and Baptised in Longtown, her mother is Margaret Jane Noddle (singlewomen).

Would be very grateful for any help

Regards
Oletta

Offline Caroline McLean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 22 July 16 13:36 BST (UK) »
I don't even remember the funeral.  I remember being at her house after and all her things were being divided between family.  I hated that...

I know very little about Joseph Bailey.  But I do know that Nelly had an affair and was pregnant when she left Joseph and the children.  My mum says she lived with someone by the name of Jackson - he had a farm.  But he died, she then moved to Whitehaven where she met John.  My mum says he was the best of them.  Accept Joseph.  My mum had Joseph and two of her youngest signings live with her when she was fairly newly married to my dad.  I think that your dad is her half brother, he was only about 4 when she got married.

Poor Nelly had a bad start in life.  But I guess the time her mother was young and went into service as a servant, no contraception etc... They had little choice but to put their babies into care.  Her adopted parent was a single lady, a school mistress.  She did everything for Nelly... Nelly never had money of her own, even when she started working as a servent herself.  Her mother got her wages and bought everything Nelly would need.

I have a picture of her with my mum, me and my daughter the Christmas before she died.  Also have a pic of her at my wedding.  Maybe I could email them to you if you like?

I could also email you a screen shot of what I have of her family tree..

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 22 July 16 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Caroline and Alison

I'm pleased at last we are a little progress with the Noddle Family, they are very hard to find.  My Great, Great Grandma was Sarah Ann Noddle who married Joseph Carr.  Sarah Ann Noddle was the Daughter of Isabella Hewer and William Noddle and Margaret Jane Noddle's Sister

Regards
Oletta

Offline Alison Carter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 22 July 16 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline,

I wrote this earlier but then it dissapeared so not sure if it posted. I have sent you a message with my email address.

Yes, photos and family tree would be great, thank you. Do you have any photos of the brothers and sisters and Joseph Bailey?

It's good to hear some of my half aunties are still alive and they keep in contact. Do you know anything about the others and was Isabel Joseph's or Willian's daughter?

Does your mum still live in Cumbria?

I've tried searching for William Jackson but not knowing the exact dates makes it difficult and so far I've found nothing. I think he was born in 1889 and died around 1953 ish. He is buried at st Bridget's church Moresby. He had a son called William Jackson and possibly a daughter.

Offline Tracy wood

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 01 September 21 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a twentyman Jackson in my tree.