Author Topic: The GIBSON Brothers James and William  (Read 20105 times)

Offline blackrat01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The GIBSON Brothers James and William
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 03 June 12 06:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Suzilad and Janet666

I am new to searching family history, and have just started.  I am a Gibson and my grandfather was George Alexander Gibson.  I am trying to find our past history and have found that my great grandfather was James Kinnear Gibson. 

Alice died in the Clare Hospital in South Australia, was cremated at Centential Park in Adelaide and her ashes returned to the Fawkner cemetary.

Mary Isobell Gibson died (according to my mother) on the 4 December 1973 and is in the family grave as posted by Janet on July 6 2011.

If you are interested I can add most of the history from then on.  George Alexander Gibson and Dulcie Prosser had two children - two boys the eldest I believed to be Alexander Frederick Gibson and my father Douglas James Gibson.  Alexander Grederick Gibson was estranged from the family after the divorce of George Alexander Gibson and Dulcie Prosser and I am yet to find any information about him or his life although I believed he did marry.

If you did have a book made or published I would be very interested in how I could obtain a copy.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Blackrat01  :)

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 03 June 12 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Blackrat01,
                   Yes my OH is connected to the Gibson brothers -- I have a good bit of information on them.

If you make another two posts then we can exchange email addresses by PM.

It wasn't a book as such just a Family Tree which I had made into a book for my brother in laws special birthday.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
suzilad

Offline blackrat01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 04 June 12 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Suzilad,

Great to hear from you.  I would definitely like to continue communicate and email addresses would be good. 
Am I able to get a copy of the family tree to further the history.  Nobody in my family spoke much about family business and my father passed away a couple of years ago.  My grandfather - George Alexander Gibson who we as a family had little contact with as we live in South Australia and he in Victoria and nobody spoke of the past or of Alexander Frederick Gibson whom I keen to locate and any  living descendants.

Cheers
Blackrat01
 :)

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 04 June 12 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Blackrat01,
                    First of all Welcome to Rootschats -- you will see from the posts I have had that

I have been very lucky to have received so much help from other "Rooters " in my research.

Once you make one more post then we can exchange email addresses by PM.

I look forward to exchanging information with you.

Regards,
suzialad

Offline blackrat01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 04 June 12 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Suzilad,

Thank you - and must also say that the information I have gleaned from you and others has put part of the history together for me, and no doubt the other information that you have will fill a big void in what I believe to be my scottish heritage.

I spent the day arranging access for the Victorian State Library and the National Library and am waiting for Victorian BDM to get back to me to further my search for my 'missing' uncle  Alexander Frederick Gibson and any of his descendants.

Cheers
Blackrat01
 :)

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 04 June 12 12:41 BST (UK) »
Mary Stuart LANCON - The Sydney Morning Herald - Jun 17, 1986

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0n7g/

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 04 June 12 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Merlin,
             Thank you so much for yet another piece of information on my Gibson line I
have also met another descendant of theirs in Australia.

Hi blackrat01.
                    Now that you have posted three times I have sent you a PM with my email address. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
suzilad

Offline Dreamingoutloud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 10 December 15 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone is still around who was participating in this thread? I am distantly related to Alice Maria Watson and would like to thank you all for providing me with the info that she died in Clare, SA - I had been wondering why I couldn't find a death certificate in Vic!

I am interested in making contact with anyone who knows for certain whether she and George had any children. I understand that George had two sons from his marriage to Dulcie Prosser, but did Alice and George have any children together?

I am particularly interested because I want to understand whether that branch of the Watson family has any descendants left at all. Alice's older sister Florence died at the Ballarat Hospital for Mental Hygiene in 1964, and I would like to understand how and why this happened. Descendants of this branch of the family could be one possible source of information.

I am also interested in hearing from people who know about the Gibson - Inglis connection. My great-great grandmother was Maria Watson nee Inglis (hence Alice Maria Watson's middle name) and I am wondering whether she was part of the same Inglis family. I haven't researched the Inglis family in any depth yet, though, but through the Watson's I have come to understand that back then family's were often significantly interconnected.

Many thanks,
Sharon Watson

Offline blackrat01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 16 January 16 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
My grandmother was Alice Watson and my grandfather was George Gibson.  George had two sons from his marriage to Dulcie Prosser one of whom was my father, Douglas James Gibson.
There were no children as a result of the marriage between Alice and George.

Regards
Ian