Author Topic: Middlesbrough Cemeteries  (Read 74181 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Middlesbrough Cemeteries
« Reply #135 on: Monday 12 April 10 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi June,

Glad to hear the cemeteries office were able to help, they usually are very good
hope you manage to find the graves ok

Kind regards,
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline DOUGS4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Thursday 22 April 10 11:38 BST (UK) »
I am trying to locate the final resting place of my sister Edna Mary Myers who died 24/6/1955 in Middlesbrough.I am not sure which cemetery she is buried in or what the procedures were in those days for burying suicides,any help would be appreciated.

Online angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Thursday 22 April 10 13:30 BST (UK) »
As you know the date you can e-mail  bereavementservices AT middlesbrough.gov.uk and they should be able to provide you with the details you want.
Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DOUGS4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Thursday 22 April 10 14:13 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your helpfull suggestion,I will give it a shot.

Offline kiwichris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Monday 26 April 10 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara
               I have been on holiday and have just got up to date with the post on "Middlesbrough Cemeteries"  and wanted to say it would be great to be able to get some photos of my relations graves.(When you are able to have a look).
Do you need my E-mail address?
Chris Holland

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday 05 May 10 13:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, I have been away too, was just looking up the details to go to the cemetery this afternoon when I saw your reply!  Will let you know later today if I find anything, and will get your email after that - (by pm not on this board)

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday 05 May 10 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,   

I called at the cemetery office for detailed section plans first, and although there were no headstones marked on them for your Hollands. went to have a look anyway as not all are yet marked on the plans. 

Unfortunately none for your Hollands, but I did take photos of the approximate places where the graves are, and can let you have the pics if you'd like them, I can also email you the plans showing the grave numbers.  if you would like them, please send me a personal message with your email address

Barbara

Offline borofred

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Friday 07 May 10 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
If you contact the cemeteries office at Teesside Crematorium they will send you the grave number of the person you're looking for and a diagram of the cemetry layout with your person's grave marked on it
O'Boyle Stanton Carlill
Whittaker
Heeran
Middlesbrough

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Friday 07 May 10 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Fred

Yes, have given this information a few times earlier in the post, but will post again for anyone else looking:

Teesside Crematorium,
Acklam Road,
Middlesbrough
TS5 7HD
Tel.     01642 817725
E-mail  bereavementservices [at] middlesbrough.gov.uk

Staff are extremely helpful if you give them as much information as possible

Barbara  :)