Author Topic: Middlesbrough Cemeteries  (Read 74183 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Middlesbrough Cemeteries
« Reply #144 on: Monday 10 May 10 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Could you let me know if you got the Linthorpe cemetery photos ok?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline diggerman2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Saturday 22 May 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
this probably sounds like a really stupid question to someone who knows the area, but is the Acklam Rd cemetery an extension of Linthorpe cemetery?  Can you walk between the two?

I'm asking because the NBI has thrown up a couple of names of rellies buried at Linthorpe (this is late 19th/early 20th century).  I doubt they ever had headstones but one day I'll find out where they are.

I also know I have some 20th century rellies buried somewhere around there...   I remember walking along Acklam Rd to see my gt grandfather's grave when I was very small (this would have been early 1960's...  he died in 1935)  I haven't been back to M'bro since the 1970's & doubt I could find it now.

I've emailed M'bro to get my gt grandfather's grave number & hope to visit sometime in the next couple of weeks.  I'd like to see where the older graves are too, if its not going to be too much for one day (200 mile round trip, and I'm hoping to get to the archives too)

Just a point on your "acklam road" enquiry - Acklam Cemetery in Middlesbrough is in the same grounds as Teesside Crematorium , and there is also a Cemetery in Acklam Road , Thornaby - which sometimes gets referred  to as "Acklam Road Cemetery".

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday 02 June 10 16:35 BST (UK) »
hi all        i am trying to trace a william mckeon who died in a middlesborough shipyard in 1916 any info would be much appreciated as i have just found out his death was not in sunderland as first thougt
regards briann
drummond,mordey,atcheson,eden,havelock,hudson

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Friday 04 June 10 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Briann

Is he the William McKEOWN  who died aged 37 in March Quarter 1916 Middlesbrough  9d 740 (from freebmd)

If so, you could contact Middlesbrough cemeteries office to find out where he is buried, contact details earlier in this thread

If you wish to buy his death certificate, the above details will be needed if you order it from the GRO, or you could contact Middlesbrough register office and order through them

Kind regards
Barbara

`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Friday 04 June 10 23:19 BST (UK) »
thanks barbara    yes i think that is the correct william mckeon. I will send for his death certificate to find out if he died naturally at the shipyard or was killed in a accident.The certificate would tell me i hope, which shipyard he died at
                                                       thanks again   regards briann

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Saturday 05 June 10 01:17 BST (UK) »
That may not be him though, what else do you know about him? 

There is a William McKEON with wife Isabella in Sunderland in the 1911 census free index, and a William McKEOWN with wife Mary Ellen in Middlesbrough in 1911 census
It might be worth buying some credits to see the full details of both

If you know more about him,  to save your getting the wrong certificate, you can check for any known details eg age, occupation, widow's name, before buying the certificate, the GRO charges for this, (included in cert fee if correct), but Middlesbrough register office would do this free,

Barbara

Offline briann1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Saturday 05 June 10 09:29 BST (UK) »
thanks again   barbara    I did not know of the middlesborough william mckeon and wife mary ellen. The william I am looking for is the one from sunderland  with wife isabella. He died between 1916 -1918 in a shipyard at first we summised it was at sunderland but could not find his death, then we found his last his last child stanely mckeon was born in middlesborough in 1915.So we thought it may have been a middlesborough shipyard,but dont not know how he died.His wife isabella remarried back in sunderland to a samuel atchesonin 1920. I did not know the M.R.O.check widows name for free.which of course would confirm correct william mckeon,   Thanks for that info.
                                                                                             regards brian 

Offline MellyJane72

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Thursday 15 July 10 15:41 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I am a new member.

Would anyone be able to help me find a burial inscription for a Mary Readman (possibly Redman) who died between 1861 and 1871 census please?  I have a death certificate but not 100% I have the right person as the place of death is documented as Durham.  She was married to a John Readman and her last place of residence was Ormesby, Cleveland (1861 census.

Does anyone know where people were buried at around this time?

Thanks Mel xxxx

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Sunday 30 January 11 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Anyone visiting Linthorpe Cemetery at some point. I would like to obtain a photo of the headstones of Gunner John William Stewart who died in Pembrokeshire 25 Jul 1940 as a member of 78 (The Duke of Lancasters Own Yeomanry) Medium Regt. Grave location is Section X. Grave 2002.
CWGC and full details of his death are known.
Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015