Author Topic: Buxton Fam connection needed  (Read 6229 times)

Offline rpoole

• RootsChat Member
  • Mayfield House - Tasmania
    • View Profile
Re: Buxton Fam connection needed
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Hanbsa23,

I am afraid I do not have any specifics at this stage.  My task is to connect Capt Thomas Buckston (whose name was changed from Buxton in the early 1700s) with my ggggg grandfather Edmund Buxton.  (Details of these two are in my previous posts.)   I know they are connected, but finding that connection is proving difficult.  if I do have a specific look-up I will let you know.  Many thanks for your offer and any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Aussie Bob

Offline Dahlia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 September 21 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hullo, I am interested in your posts since my Buxton family come from Fenny Bentley and there are several Edmund Buxtons in my lot.
Since it is some time since you posted this I wondered how you got on with your quest? While you think about that I will be looking at whether I can link my lot to your lot.
My link so far is Samuel Buxton of Manchester, a builder, who seems to be the son of Edmund Buxton, born 1722 in Fenny Bentley.  I need to do more work here, but Samuel had an interesting life, and I wonder if he is related to your lot?
Clare, Nichols, Bradley, Adams, Griffiths, Lambert in Bucks, Middx, Kent, Liverpool, Worcestershire
Haworth in Lancashire and Halifax, Jaques in Leeds, Buxton in Manchester and Derbyshire.

Offline rpoole

• RootsChat Member
  • Mayfield House - Tasmania
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 September 21 02:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Dahlia, No, unfortunately I have not made much progress in connecting the Bradbourne, Ellastone, or Fenny Bentley Buxtons with my lot which are spread around the Mayfield, ashbourne & Tissington areas.    The Ellastone Buxtons had a few who migrated to NZ and lived in Christchurch which is where my Thomas Buxton Jnr raised a family, yet I cannot connect them.  Most details are on previous posts on this list, so I will not duplicate them.   If you do make a connection with any of these "Tribes" I would appreciate it.  There are just too many Buxtons in the Derbyshire/Staffordshire area and records rarely reveal their connections.  ::)
Best of luck, Bob