Author Topic: thomas duffy/duffys  (Read 3497 times)

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
thomas duffy/duffys
« on: Saturday 05 June 10 18:47 BST (UK) »
hi ,looking for any help with the following ,just seen the 1901 census of dublin ,my great grandfather is liveing on lisburn street hes 36 and his wife is 33, grandfathers name is thomas duffy 36 born city of dublin,just wondering if there would be a marrage cert for him and his wife on line ,his wife is mary duffy and a boot repairer,thomas is a coal labourer,there oldst child on the 1901 census is fanny duffy age 14, id say this would meen they were married around 14-15 years b4 the 1901 census?if any1 could help it would be great ,thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even if it was a death record for thomas and mary or birth records for there children WILLIAM DUFFY,MARY DUFFY,JOSEPH WHOS 2 AT THE TIME OF 1901 CENSUS AND CHRISTOPHER WHOS 6 ON 1901 CENSUS ,,,,,,,,,,THANKS AGAIN

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: thomas duffy
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 June 10 19:59 BST (UK) »
I'd start by trying to find the birth for one of the children to establish Mary's maiden name. Knowing this will make it much easier to find the right marriage for them.

I had a quick search of the Irish Civil BMD Index on familysearch - but there are quite a few Duffy births in Dublin to sort through..

link to the family on the 1901 census for ref. : Duffy family, Lisburn St

Have you found the family on the 1911 census ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 June 10 20:24 BST (UK) »
yes ave been lookn up 1911,,they had a son wiiliam duffy born march 23? i tink,1890-1891,hes liven at faithfull place aged 20 0n 1911 census, with his wife margaret duffy,there married 1 year,

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 June 10 20:55 BST (UK) »
had a quick look at birth cert, thomas and mary duffy had a son ,my grandfather wiiliam duffy born 26/03/1890 ,st.marys parish pro cathedral marlbourgh st dublin, his mothers maiden name was WELDON? OR WALDRON, NEAR;LY SURE ITS WELDON,,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 June 10 21:46 BST (UK) »
sorry made a mistake, william duffys birth is 23/03/1890 ,and his mothers maden name was WELDON, MARY WELDON, HER SISTER FRANCES WAS WILLIAMS SPONSOR,

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 June 10 12:48 BST (UK) »
it would be a marrage cert for a THOMAS DUFFY AND MARY WELDON IM LOOKN FOR.have birth cert for my granfather william duffy 23.03/1890 dublin his parents thomas and mary duffy,have checked a few sites cant c it,is there other sites i could check??????????????

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 June 10 13:23 BST (UK) »
based on the estimated date of marriage c1886, the two best matches for the marriage of Thomas are :

Name: Thomas Duffy
 Registration District: Dublin North
 Event Type: Marriage
 Quarter and Year: Apr - Jun 1885
 Volume Number: 2 / Page Number: 481

Name: Thomas Duffy
 Registration District: Dublin South
 Event Type: Marriage
 Quarter and Year: Oct - Dec 1885
 Volume : 2 / Page : 654

There are a small number of Mary Weldon marriages, but nothing that cross-matches with either of those Thomas records..

Is this the family on the 1911 census at North Cumberland Street ? If so then unfortunately Mary is deceased so we dont have the number of years they are married...

Since the Mary's maiden sounds to be a little unclear on the cert you have, maybe it would be an idea to try to locate a birth cert for one of the other children... e.g. Christopher. There's a few possible matches in the index, but I think this one is may be the best fit as it's in Dublin north, which would cover the Lisburn St area mentioned on the 1901 census.

Name: Christopher Duffy
 Registration District: Dublin North
 Event Type: Birth
 Quarter and Year: Jan - Mar 1895
 Volume : 2 / Page : 464

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 June 10 15:55 BST (UK) »
not 100 per cent sure if its them at cumberland st 1911, thomas duffys job is the same as lisburn st 1901 and cumberland st 1911 and so to are the childerns names, aldo his age in 1901 at lisburn st is 36 and 1911 is 40??could thomas duffy be the same thomas duffy born 1869 parish of st.andrews ,and lived at 3.2 gloucester street father also thomas mother mary mooney?????????? its hard because there are so many thomas duffys

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: thomasina cadwell
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 06 June 10 17:14 BST (UK) »
other side of the family ,given up for the moment lookn for more on the duffys,have a thomasina cadwell liven on richmond road 1901 census wht husband michael cadwell,children thomas ,christphor and mary ,i know thomasina ,michael and christopher died in a car accident in 1936,thomasina was over 70 as to was michael at the time,christopher was 64, at some stage betwen 1911 and the 1936 there daughter mary was married and was known as MARY MCGURK,ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT ,TRYN TO FIND A BIRTH CERT FOR THE CHILDREN SO COULD FIND OUT THOMASINAS MAIDEN NAME,