Author Topic: Where to begin in France?  (Read 6990 times)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: Where to begin in France?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 15 July 11 19:53 BST (UK) »
Well hellloooo legs my friend  :)

Glad to see you are getting some great help on the Canada Board, they always come up trumps here!

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 July 11 02:30 BST (UK) »
Yeah, Karen, I am surprised that you aren't in here like a dirty shirt  ;D ....( what does that expression MEAN, anyway?) These are always interesting digs, trying to find all the names used by one ancestor to prove it is one and the same person...  J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 July 11 20:50 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness, thank you so much everyone. Massive apologies for not replying sooner, if it wasn't for J.J. pm-ing me I'd have never know you'd all been working so hard as I was not getting any update messages.

My friend will be thrilled with your findings, I will see her tomorrow and tell her all once I've got my head around it all. I have to say it has confused me a little (it doesn't take much)!

Right I need to read through it all again.

Thank you all SO much
Love
Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 July 11 23:41 BST (UK) »
xxxx back...I'd thought perhaps your notification hadn't been sent. It happens... ;D  Nice of you to post for your friend...We may have gotten ahead of ourselves but it all will need sorting anyway. However...it is so great that the initial replies did help solve the most recent history in order to continue.
all the best, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 July 11 16:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks again J.J.

I'll see my friend this evening so will let her know it all

xxxxx
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 July 11 17:09 BST (UK) »
Pleased to have been able to help  :). If the info posted so far turns out to be for the correct family we s/b able to take the lines back further through the Quebec PRs.

Regards
Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 19 July 11 19:30 BST (UK) »
Wow, thank you Polarbear. Hopefully I'll be able to confirm some information with my friend tonight xxxxxxxx
WL-Williams

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 August 11 18:45 BST (UK) »
So how did it all go?  ;D  J.J.

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 15 August 11 09:43 BST (UK) »
She was thrilled! I've not had chance to go through it all with her yet as she was away on holiday then I've been away for the last 2 weeks. I hope to go through it all in more detail soon. thanks xxx
WL-Williams