Author Topic: HELP I'm drowning  (Read 9378 times)

Offline purplemoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HELP I'm drowning
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 September 06 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

I've only been doing this a few weeks myself and I also feel as though I'm drowning!

I need to get myself more organised as I have stuff scribbled in notepads, as well as in various files and spreadsheets on the PC, but I've found myself going around in circles the last few days and repeating many of my searches as I think I'm trying to do too much/too many lines at once and keep getting distracted  :-\

I'm using the family tree on Ancestry.co.uk to store all my family data but I'm thinking maybe I should buy a proper programme to use now, any suggestions?

I've been doing so well with my research too, getting back as far as the early 1800's on several lines, but today I had a gut-wrenching moment when I received my gt grandmother's BC only to find I'd gone down the wrong track with her ancestors   ::)

I think it's time now for me to evaluate everything I've done so far and try not to run before I can walk!  ;D

PS ... I'm so thankful to have found this forum this evening and meet many like-minded people as I think my own family are sick and tired of hearing me go on all the time lol ... plus I can ask lots of questions when I get stuck! ;)
Baker, Thompson, Lomas, Ikin - Middlewich, Cheshire; (Baker) Stockton, Durham
Fradley, Hall, Weaver, Pargeter - Stone, Staffordshire; Middlewich, Cheshire
McGuin, Gallagher, Bogan, McKew - Huddersfield, Bradford, Yorkshire; Nottingham; Bacup, Rochdale, Lancashire; Ireland
Mellor, Lammyman, Pearson - Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Hull, Yorkshire
Connelley, Little, Walker, Starkey - Cleckheaton, Dewsbury, Bradford, Yorkshire; Co Monaghan, Ireland

Offline ambers

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HELP I'm drowning
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 September 06 02:51 BST (UK) »
PS ... I'm so thankful to have found this forum this evening and meet many like-minded people as I think my own family are sick and tired of hearing me go on all the time lol ... plus I can ask lots of questions when I get stuck!

Me too :) :) :)....I was drowning in bits of paper.

Being a newbie I never realised how much there was to it, and like many I had to retrace my steps through lack of notes.
I have learnt so much from this topic to-night....thank you. :)

Ambers

GLAMORGAN: Evans. Davies. Eddy. Bradnum.
GLAM to USA:Walter H Davies 1886.Thomas J 1852
PEMBROKE: Bradnum.Summers
CARMARTHENSHIRE:Davies. Jones
NORFOLK/SUFFOLK: Bradnum.Cork.Helsdon 3 in Australia, Whiskins. Fairhead.Catchpole.
DEVON:Mallett. Acford, Kidston.Short.Lover.Edwards,Telford.Sparrow
SOMERSET: Masey
CORNWALL:Eddy.Thomas Maddern.Harvey. Noy.Reynolds,Batten,Curtis.
Cornwall to USA: Thomas, Semmens. Oats
Warwickshire: Mountney