Author Topic: hambridge family on there canal boat.  (Read 41289 times)

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hambridge family on there canal boat.
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 22:20 GMT (UK) »
 hello keyboard
yes i think this is the same ,no i didnt allready know i have passed on a lot of info to Kirsty but was only aware a few days ago that she also had Walker canal people in her tree.the info i have posted is from my own personal files on data i have collected over many years whilst studying canal geneology,Some familys i have a tree for several generations. others just parish records. i have a vast collection of parish records from the churches that the canal people used.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 03 November 11 08:09 GMT (UK) »
would this john walker be a family member to george walker my great granddad and if so then how ? :) x

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 03 November 11 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kirsty how are you, if you can give us details of what you know of George Walker, ie where/when he was born, who he married and his childrens names and again places and years of birth, I am sure we will see if their is a link to John Walker.
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 03 November 11 08:55 GMT (UK) »
i dont no where he was born but what i do no is he is at ealing cemetery with he's wife ada alen they had 4 girls that i no of but 2 of the girls i dont no the names of but they lived in brentford they all did but the youngest died this yr of 100 yrs old and my nan's other sister i use to call aunt doll and my nan hannah walker was born near blackpool or in blackpool in 1916 round about november december time she married in brentford to my grandad samuel joseph hambridge my nans family use to live and work on the canal my nan told me that she was from birmingham and she is now at resting at ealing cemetery with the rest of her family. could you please tell me how meny of the hambridge and walker family resting at ealing cemetery please and plus my great nan sarah ann thompson who married my great grandad william hambridge i want to no if they are at ealing cemetery. and plus could you please tell me where george walker and ada alen come from please thank you .

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 03 November 11 10:50 GMT (UK) »
i was told that hambridge family camed from ireland but because the walker family worked on the canal they might of come from ireland as i do remeber my nan did have a funny voice and my sister did say that my grandad family camed from ireland but i do think my nans family might of come from ireland too.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: hambridge family and walker family
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 06 November 11 21:34 GMT (UK) »
hi could anyone help me.

i would like to no why the hambridge family and the walker family worked on the canal boat like how did it all started why they did they stop working on there canal boats and what happen to the boats.
and where did george walker and ada allen come from they are my great grandad and great nan.
thank you.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
alf hambridge
« Reply #51 on: Monday 19 December 11 18:12 GMT (UK) »
hi could anyone give me any info on alf hambridge i remeber seeing a postcard of alf hambridge in brentford on the boat in brentford on the website but i can no longer find that website any more i no that my family use to deleaver coal so could anyone help me find the postcard of alf hambridge on the burge a long brentford middlesex please i think that he could be my family member as my grandad name was joseph samuel hambridge and brother william hambridge and there dad name was william hambridge and he's wife was sarah ann thompson they use to deleaver coal so if anyone could help me find that website that has alf hambridge postcard i be most gratfull thank you very much from kirsty foreman

Offline Bex1973

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 02 May 14 00:23 BST (UK) »
There is a hambridge family, father Joseph William hambridge, living in Brentford and a son Darren William hambridge living in Ealing, London. Guess they are directly related to family your are searching for.

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 21:33 BST (UK) »
Kirsty
 I have this w/end been in contact with a lady from a Walker canal boat  family I have told her to look you up on here . cant find a connection to the Hambridge but found a connection to another family & they are connected.