Author Topic: Completed:1910/1920 census Leadville Colorado  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Chattykathy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1910/1920 census Leadville Colorado
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 17:32 BST (UK) »
Maryanne,  sorry but nothing comes up.  I checked Yelland/Beare/Lowe including possible misspellings, checked Warren & Bisbee, Cochise Co., AZ, checked CO, MI, checked childrens names ----nothing!!

"They were flying low under the radar".  Even if Ethel was staying with friends/relatives she would come up as Guest, Relative, Roomer, etc.  So she either missed the census for whatever reason or her entry is somehow botched up. 

Sometimes with botched entries you can't even intentionally pull them up - e.g.  was missing group of family--  knew exactly where & what they were doing in 1880 --  finally found the records by paging through the transcription and then the handwritten census in their specific community under a misspelled entry but when I tried SEARCH using the misspelled name, nothing comes up.  Who knows why?

Hopefully, you will find some other detail to her life which may be significant.

Good luck & regards,
Kathy
KING Buckinghamshire  US
FANNING LINDEN Ireland US
BARRET Devonshire
GURLEY Warwickshire
SMITH Buckinghamshire US
MORAN Ireland Lancashire Warwickshire US
BALLARD Worcester US

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1910/1920 census Leadville Colorado
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 18:48 BST (UK) »
Kathy,
Thank-you for trying hard to find Ethel for me.

Perhaps one day I will find out about her through the obits of her son Roy and Verna her daughter.
I presume,or hope that the parents names were mentioned at least.