Author Topic: Death lookup..REDPATH,ROBERT 1868  (Read 5267 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Death lookup..REDPATH,ROBERT 1868
« on: Sunday 01 May 05 20:15 BST (UK) »
I have found a burial in St Mary's Parish Churchyard in Haddington,East Lothian Scotland.
ROBERT REDPATH  june 23 1868.....beside this is a # P31.I think it could mean plot 31.
Does anyone in here live there? Can anyone check this out.
I would really appreciate it.Thanks in advance.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline LindsaySiam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Death lookup..REDPATH,ROBERT 1868
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 06 15:22 GMT (UK) »
May be absolutely no connection but have a look at Lost Families post on this page. I found a Robert Redpath on the 1841 census in East Lothian, could be just coincidence but on the other hand ....

Lindsay
MORRISON - Dunbartonshire, Stirlingshire
STIRLING - Stirlingshire
LINDSAY - Perthshire
MELDRUM - Fife, Angus
GIBSON - Lanarkshire
HEWITT - Wigtownshire, Lanarkshire
MEIKLE - Dunbartonshire

All census information Crown Copyright

Offline habanero

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 January 06 19:51 GMT (UK) »
What do you want to know about Robert Redpath? I can go to Haddington sometime but the churchyard is huge! P31 is probably a plot reference

Cheers
Grant, Charters, Knowles, Blanch, Robson, Ward, Maughan, Adams, Griffin, Lucas, Ansell, Lumsden

Offline tess4207

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 February 06 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi,I am linked directly to this family also.I am also trying to ascertain whether this Robert Redpath is the father of Andrew Redpath as Andrew was my greatgrandfather x3..I have established that Andrew died in 1847,he was a grocer and flesher in Edinburgh.His daughter Dorothy  was in service to the Marquis of Tweeddale  and in 1851 she and James Nichol were residing at Bleachfield House which I believe was also  on the estate of the Marquis.James was a gamekeeper.
I have info pertaining to James and Dorothy as they emigrated to Australia. in 1854. but am trying to ascertain ancestry in Scotland and or links or information.
I posted the lost families inquiry.
Tess
AGAR ALLAN HAYWARD BUDD COMBE ELLIS JOHNS MCARTHUR MCDONALD MCKENZIE MANSER MILLER MORGAN MORRIS
NEWBOLD NICHOLS ODONNELL PEARCE PENNINGTON PRIDHAM REDPATH SHIELLS WILSON

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 February 06 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm new to this board, but I do have the details on this Roberts death, thought he might be linked to my GGGG Grandfather George who was born 1799 in Gifford.
Details are Robert Redpath married to A Buchanan, age 58yrs, parents James Redpath & Euphemia Laidlaw. James Redpath, son, informant.
Hope this helps

Caraid