Author Topic: Aitken/Cairns Family line  (Read 2269 times)

Offline sharleen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Aitken/Cairns Family line
« on: Sunday 01 May 05 23:07 BST (UK) »
I am trying to locate the family and ancestors of a George Aitken and Janet Cairns.

From the family Search Index I have found that George Aitken was the Son of Robert Aitken and Isavella Borthwich.

George was born in 1828 in Broughton, Midlothian, Scotland his death is estimated at 1882.

He married Janet Cairns on 8 July 1851 in Saint Cuthberts Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.  Janet Cairns father was Thomas Cairns.

In 1952 there was a record of a George Aitken and Janet Aitken on board the William and Mary headed for New South Wales.

The Brisbane City Council  shows a grave Location for a Geoge Aitken at the Cemetery known as Toowong Burial year 1882.

I the found the following Children:

Janet Cairns Aitken born 1854 Brisbane, Queensland Australia.  Burried in Toowong Cemetery Brisbane in 1910.

Isabella Margaret Bothwick Aitken born 14 Jan 1856, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Could not find a burrial site.

John J Aitken born 1859 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, burried Toowong  1935.

Thomas Cairns Aitken (my great grandfather) born 1860 Brisbane Queensland, Austalia.  I believe he died on 6 June 1893.  He married Annie Young Dewar, and their children were Janet Aitken, Christina Brough Aitken and Thomas George Aitken.  The lived in Mackay Australia.

Georgina Aitken born 6 Jan 1862 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.  No burrial record.

David Aitken born 28 March 1864 Brisbane, Queensland Australia.  Burried in Toowong Cemetery 1940.

Catherine Alexandra Aitken born 1868 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.  No burrial notice.

Marion Moffat Aitken born 5 June 1870 Brisbane Queensland Australia.  Death 18 November 1942 .  No burrial notice.

Elizabeth Mary Aitken born 11 April 1873 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. No burrial notice.

If anyone is researching this family line, I would love to chat to you.  I would love to correspond with any of the decendents.

Thanks
Sharleen
Brough, Dewar, Aitken, Cairns, Hudson - Scotland-Australia/South Africa
Gatenby, Spink, Nolan - Yorkshire/South Africa
Lane - Manchester/South Africa
Moore - London/South Africa
Stuart, Collins- Scotland/South Africa
Masson, De St Pern - France/Mauritius/South Africa