Author Topic: 1841 Census  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Nellius

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 Census
« on: Thursday 21 July 11 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am searching for Thomas family who should appear on the 1841 Census for Marchwiel.  I have seen else where that some pages have gone missing for this census does anyone know if Marchwiel is part of the missing material please?

Nellius.

Offline Mort29

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 July 11 15:45 BST (UK) »
The Nat Archives Catalog search only shows an 1851 census reference:-

HO 107/2502    Registration District: 611. WREXHAM Registration Sub-District: 2 Malpas ff.320-End Parish: Marchwiel Hamlet: Marchwiel

ah - it seems a lot are missing ...

http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/localities.britisles.wales.den.general/1667/mb.ashx

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 July 11 15:51 BST (UK) »
It is fairly well known on the Denbighshire board that the pieces for the 1841 census of the Wrexham area (except the central town area) are missing.

This has been discussed on a number of threads. It's a nuisance for those of us who have lots of ancestors in that area  :( :'( :(

see for e.g.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,202323.msg1023154.html#msg1023154

gnu

I see that Mort29 has modified since I put up this posting  - no link to any of the various threads when he first posted  ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Nellius

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 July 11 11:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the help I can stop searching, thought it strange I could not find any of them.  Fortunately I visited Marchwiel a few months ago and the box tombs I found actually match up with the 1851 census so I have good leads from here and next stop is actual records anyway. 

Thanks again.

Nellius