Author Topic: LAMCRAFT/ENDACOTT Families  (Read 5452 times)

Offline David Mann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
LAMCRAFT/ENDACOTT Families
« on: Monday 02 May 05 08:06 BST (UK) »
Hello from Oz
Is there anyone researching the LAMCRAFT and/or ENDACOTT  families of Bridford and Moretonhampstead?  My 5th Great Grandparents were Robert LAMCRAFT born about 1734 and Margaret ENDACOTT bapised August 1736. 
Best regards
David

Offline Dick Fowler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LAMCRAFT/ENDACOTT Families
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 October 05 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, my gt gt grandmother b Bridford bacame the third (and last!) wife of Richard Caseley in 1819. His daur from his first marriage married a Lamacraft and is mentioned in his will.

If they are on your tree i can look for the will etc if you have not got it.

Dick Fowler, Lincolnshire

Offline David Mann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 October 05 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Dick
Don't have any Caseleys on my tree (yet!) but can you let me have a bit more detail ie daughter's and husband's names and date of marriage?
Cheers
david

Offline Dick Fowler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 October 05 00:43 BST (UK) »
Daughter was Mary nee Caseley.
I think her husband was Thomas L.
 Known Children bp Bridford:
Prudence bp 12/3/1811
Joseph bp 15/12/1811-presume he died because;
Joseph bp 27/4/1815

Also noted in passing from Bridford burials of deaths in the poor house/Union:
Thomas L bur 30/4/1843 aged 84
Sarah L bur 20/3/1848 aged 24

Dick

Offline JamesH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 October 05 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hello from Oz
Is there anyone researching the LAMCRAFT and/or ENDACOTT  families of Bridford and Moretonhampstead?  My 5th Great Grandparents were Robert LAMCRAFT born about 1734 and Margaret ENDACOTT bapised August 1736. 
Best regards
David

Hi David

I have Robert and Margaret and four children in my tree.  One son Joseph married Mary Dymond, b Bridford 1762.  Dymond is my mother's family name with her ancestry rooted in Bridford.  I have tended to use the "Lamacraft" spelling in my research documents.  I also have several other independant Lamacraft marriages in my tree.

Regards

Jim
I am researching my father's Robbens family originally from Langport, Somerset, my mother's Dymond family from Bridford, Devon plus other associated Devon families including Gillard, Spurrell and Simmons.  I also have an active interest in Corteens' and my wifes Larchet ancestry.

Offline David Mann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 October 05 01:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Jim
I have Joseph married to Mary DYMONT 25th Jan 1785 at Bridford.  My records show that they had eight children, but I only have marriages for two of them.  If you e-mail me ****with your address I will send you my data.  Good to hear from you.
Regards
david

Email addy removed in accordance with Rootschat's privacy policy.  Please use our secure Personal Messaging system to exchange private information - keep safe!

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 October 05 03:21 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I guess that you are all aware that LAMACRAFT and variants are a one-name study registered with the GOONS (Guild of One Name Studies) which can be found at:
http://www.one-name.org/

The Lamacraft contact is:
lamacraft[at]one-name.org @ removed please replace [at] with @

JAP

Offline wpenfold2000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 07 May 06 08:15 BST (UK) »
i have endacott but dont know if its the right area for you . get back to me. at my web page
MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses. Thank You

Offline billco

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 August 09 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi David
Where in Oz are you?

5GGrandparents
Our family notes have Margaret Endacott married to Robert Lamcraft

4GGrandmother
Their daughter Betty married William Hamlyn 1785 at Bridford

3GGrandmother
Their daughter Mary Hamlyn b 1791 Drewsteignton m circa 1810 to Francis Gale d 1855 Newport Christchurch

2GGrandfather
Their son Christopher Parrah Gale b 1826 St Columb, m 1852 Mary Clark Manchester, d 1875 Clarence Heads NSW

GGrandmother
Their daughter Mary Eliza Gale b 1853 Pendleton Lancashire m 1874 John MacLachlan at Maclean NSW d 1935 Maclean

Grandmother
Their daughter Caroline Flora MacLachlan b 1880 Maclean married James Leonard Connolly at Grafton 1905 d Wollongong 1964

Father
Their son William Patrick Connolly b 1910 Maclean m Agnes Lucy Boland 1937 Concord NSW d Erina NSW 1994

Where do you peel off this line?

Bill Connolly