Author Topic: Is my godmother's house still there near Merthyr Tydfil  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is my godmother's house still there near Merthyr Tydfil
« on: Saturday 23 July 11 13:03 BST (UK) »
I have got a photo of my godmother's house long long time ago. She was living this house somewhere in Merthyr Tydfil. I can't remember the address where she live. I wondering is the house still there and I think it was about 5 miles from Cardiff, not sure.  my godmother died couple of years ago.

Hope they can help me where is?

Wild lady

Offline ruchca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Is my godmother's house still there near Merthyr Tydfil
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 July 11 15:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Well Merthyr is about 15 miles from Cardiff, this house could be anywhere! Do you know her name and date of birth, she maybe on a cencus 1901 or 1911, that might help you a bit and was she married? if so what was her married name? Good Luck,  Ruchca
CARTER PAULTON SOMERSET, HARDWICK LLANBISTER RADNOR,  KING ALTON PRIORS WILTSHIRE, THOMAS LLANBEDR MERIONETH,

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 July 11 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruchca,

Thanks for your information. This house had got 1 long building one for my godmother and 1 for next door neighbour, it was near the valley. My godmother name was Winnie William and married to Ernie.  i dont know her date of birth was. I will try find out her death details because they were living there for few years and when Ernie died, she moved back to the village of Caddington, Bedfordshire before she died.  I will try ask my mum if she know about it, but it was long long time ago. I was in the red cardigan on this photo as younger.

Many thanks

Wildlady

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 July 11 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Wildlady  :)

Perhaps you could order Ernie's death certificate if you know when he died? It may give this address.

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline Wildlady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 July 11 00:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Morgan

Thanks for your message. I dont know when Ernie died. I last went to their house about  in 1972 or 1973 approx, which the photo was taken.  I think possibly he died in around in 1980s or earlier. I will find out about it soon

Kinds Regards

Wildlady