Offline SBib

• RootsChat Senior
  • Edwin Bibby b1848 British Champion Wrestler
    • View Profile
Re: BIBBY
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 March 20 04:55 GMT (UK) »
I have a website -
https://sites.google.com/site/allaboutbibby/
From here you can download my Bibby database as a gedcom.
My database now contains all Bibby details extracted from -
 1 The IGI (on FamilySearch)
 2 All censuses 1841-1911
 3 All Lancashire Online Parish Records
 4 Many other sources
I am currently adding death details from FreeBMD and UKBMD
BIBBY ONE-NAME STUDY

Offline Wraith_

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 22 December 22 03:36 GMT (UK) »
Apologize for necro'ing this thread...

I'm a new member here (first post!) and I just wanted to acknowledge the work you've put in on this one name study.

I went to the website and downloaded the ged file and then uploaded the tree into ancestry. I found that I've encountered your information before in hints pointing to other members' trees. I do find that you have my ancestral line in your compilation, so I plan to go through and see what sources and links you've compiled and compare that to what I have found over the last year.

In the short time I've spent thus far I do note that your research doesn't really go back any further than my own. I suppose that's just due to the availability of records from longer ago.

Anyways, thanks again for your work on this.

It is much appreciated!

Wraith_

Offline Wraith_

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 20 July 23 16:13 BST (UK) »
Note to anyone looking for Steve's one name study for Bibby.

As of this post date, the website is not available. However, you can enter Steve's URL into the Wayback Machine to find archived copies of the website. By these means, one can still obtain a copy of Steve's gedcom file of compiled information on individuals named Bibby.

Cheers.

Offline Dollymixturey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 September 23 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi there, firstly sorry if this is not an appropriate post and explain that I am a complete newbie to this site and also still in the early learning researching the family history.  As the name Bibby seems your point of interest I am wondering if you have ever come across a Bibby as part of a forename.

I am researching a relative and have come across forenames .....Mary Ann Bibby , ....surname Carney from Liverpool on the GRO.  I am still verifying any direct links to my line.

I thought it was an unusual forename especially to have a 2nd middle name and if this may perhaps  mean the inclusions could indicate a link to a Bibby surname family connection.  Many thanks