Author Topic: Help needed re. Surrey N.E. registration district  (Read 2191 times)

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed re. Surrey N.E. registration district
« on: Monday 25 July 11 01:16 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I live in the US and am unfamiliar with the Surrey registration districts.  I believe that I have located a death record for my husband's gr. aunt who died in the Surrey N.E. registration district in 1951.  Most of her family lived in Aldershot so I am not certain if this might be her.  Her father died in Farnham in 1920 at the Infirmary there.

Anyway, I wonder if someone could help me out.  Is this district fairly close to Aldershot?  Any information would be of great assistance.

Thank you so much!  Anne in NC

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed re. Surrey N.E. registration district
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 July 11 04:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne

The link below has details of the Surrey N E (North Eastern) Registration District. It is an area to the south west of London and about 30 miles from Aldershot.

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/surrey%20north%20eastern.html

Andy

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed re. Surrey N.E. registration district
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 July 11 18:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help, Andy!  I appreciate it very much.  Not certain that I have found my husband's great aunt but it is worth ordering the death record to find out if it's her.  The birthyear is correct and I have not located a marriage record for her, either.  So...will just have to give it a try.