Author Topic: Germany: Bad Rappenau - need a local person  (Read 1210 times)

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Germany: Bad Rappenau - need a local person
« on: Monday 25 July 11 05:05 BST (UK) »
HOFMANN HELP PLEASE.  My Hofmann family were from Bad Rappenau.  I live in Australia but still have elderly relatives in Feudenheim.  I am looking for someone that I can correspond with who may help answer some questions about Bad Rappenau. Also can anyone tell me the email address of the local Historical Society.  Other names in my family are Huber, Veith and Schott.  I am hoping to find the Ortsippenbuch for the Hofmann family.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  My great grandfather was Karl Christian Hofmann (wife Margaretha Huber) and his father was Christoph Hofmann (his wife was Fredricke Veith). Greetings from the land Downunder

Offline giselap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Germany: Bad Rappenau - need a local person
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 08:18 BST (UK) »
Hi there downunder,

maybe the following society could be of help to you:

Heimat- und Museumsverein Bad Rappenau e.V.
Kulturhaus, Heinsheimer Straße 16
Bad Rappenau

Person to contact:

Almut Friedrich
Sonnenstraße 40
74906 Bad Rappenau-Zimmerhof
Tel.: 07264/1206

Unfortunately couldn't find any e-mail addy and am not sure how far you'll get writing in English even though in present adverstisements Baden-Württemberg assures that they are capable of erverything - with the exception of literary German.  ;)
Maybe your relatives from Freudenheim can help with communication.

Just give it a try! Good luck!!

Regards from Hamburg, Germany,
Gisela

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 06:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Gisela
Thank very much for your help.  I had two Hamburg girls as exchange students about 4 or 5 years ago.  I was in Hamburg in 2008.  I also had ancestory from Salzwedel with the name Stein which I believe is also in the North.

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 06:12 BST (UK) »
Can anyone living in Bad Rappenau tell me if there is a Battenbach Strasse, or a street that sounds like this.   I have google earthed Bad Rappenau and could not find this street.  My mother was evacuated from Fuedenheim to Bad Rappenau in WW2 and this is the street name she remembers.  She said it was near the Schloss.  Also there is a Mayor Hofmann Strasse.  My relatives were Hofmann's.  Can anyone tell me who this Hofmann is that the street was named after.  There is a chance that he was a relative.  Need date of birth and death if anyone knows how to research this information in Bad Rappenau.  Greetings from the land downunder.  Vielen Dank!

Offline giselap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi nameless from downunder,

you're welcome... :)
As a matter of fact we visited Australia in spring of 2008 and fell in love with the continent! Just too bad it's so far away from here!! Hope you enjoyed Hamburg as well!!!

Anyway, this is all I found about Mayor Hofmann so far. As he first was elected mayor in 1922, I'd assume he must have been born around 1880 and died after 1948 when he was given the title of an  honorary freeman of Bad Rappenau as Senior Mayor (Altbürgermeister)

Mayor1922–1945: Hermann Hofmann
Honorary Freeman 1948: Hermann Hofmann (Altbürgermeister)

Here you'll find a city map of Bad Rappenau.
If you click on "Straßenverzeichnis" in the upper right corner you'll find a complete listing of all streets there. Maybe you will be able to find a street name similar to "Battenbach Str.", I was not. :(  :

http://www.1001-stadtplan.de/Stadtplan/Bad-Rappenau/pub/Schloss-Bad-Rappenau.map

Good luck!
Gisela

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 July 11 09:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for all your help.  I will look at the information you have sent.  Wow I was in Germany and you were in Australia in the same year.  If you ever come back let me know and I can buy you a coffee.  Schio is my rootschat name because this is the town in Italy that my grandfather was from regards, die frau mit die name Sylvia.  Do you have skye perhaps we can link up some time.  (my email (*))

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.