Author Topic: phoebe hamblet  (Read 2525 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: phoebe hamblet
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 04:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,
I found the Tree on Anc. and if you want to pass on an email address I can try and get them to contact your Friend as there are several Photos that the Tree Owner has.

I did a bit of googling and looks like Joseph Davies, Grandson, took his Grandfathers Surname and obviously worked for him up until he died in 1894. Joseph Davies now known as Hamblet then took over the Business.
Couple of Refs to the Family;
http://www.blackcountrybugle.co.uk/News/Punishing-tests-that-proved-Hamblets-bricks-the-best-2.htm
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/HAMBLET/2003-07/1058462305

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline stephen7

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 06:28 BST (UK) »
thanks trish,
 i will pass it on to my friend and pm you his e-mail if he permits me.
thanks again
steve
watson,smith,(cambridge)cadle,(gloucester)hutton,utton, phenix,(norfolk)tarleton,paterson,sommerville,stephenson ( lanarkshire) ,walker, lewis, mordecai,sparks,(glamorgan),bolitho. (cornwall)

Offline Jim Foster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 October 16 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
   I am also related to Joseph Hamblet, my mum was Brenda Hamblet from Ipswich, other siblings were Kenneth' Monica, Joseph and Wilfred, I have a photo of their parents Wilfred & Phoebe and one of Kenneth with his Dad  I did a few years ago visit Monica in the nursing home but unfortunately she was with Dementia so I was unable to communicate with her but lovely to see her. It would be nice to chat with you as we may have a few points in common and may be able to help each other with a little bit of history, email supplied if interested