Author Topic: James Queen  (Read 7046 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Queen
« Reply #18 on: Friday 29 July 11 03:54 BST (UK) »
On page three is the address to which you could write to find out more regarding the Quarrier's end of it. Records were supposed to be kept of a child's care and status in Canada. It is not easy to acquire all the information collected, but persevere, as it is the right of family to know.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/childcare-2.pdf  ( they likely also were in a Scotland Quarrier's institution before sailing.)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 September 11 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Zander and JJ,

A fellow Rootschatter sent me some information for you regarding the Queen family almost a month ago, unfortunately I haven't been able to pass that on to you until now, so apologises for the delay.

The father - James Queen died 6 May 1908  cause of death was Lobar Pneumonia.

The Mother - Annie Queen nee Brennan died 28 Sept. 1911 -  her son Thomas reg death - she had many things wrong with her and had given birth 18 days previously -  she was 40 years old.

Son Thomas - Thomas died 26 October 1971 - 50 Park Road Rosyth Fife -  he was widower of Kathleen Jarvis -  he was an armament depot labourer (retired)  Thomas married Kathleen 23 April 1913 in Glasgow - they had a son as he registered the death.

Daughter Annie married Robert J. Laird 16 July 1915 Glasgow - Annie died 13 Dec 1984 -  Cleland Hospital Cleland Lanarkshire - usual address was 92, Glenside Drive Rutherglen. Annie was a widow aged 89  - her daughter in law  of the
same address reg death. Will send the name by pm

Hope this helps to fill a few blanks.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 03 September 11 09:21 BST (UK) »
hi sandra,
many thanks for all your work,this fills up a bit more on this family which for me has taken awhile,because of the name change from quinn  to queen.
but atleast i now have dates of marriage and deaths to work on plus a few more names,
just have to dig a bit more,
also hope you are keeping well and looking after yourself i.e not doing to much
zander
brennan  co.antrim/scotland
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
mccook     armoy co.antrim
mcfall       co.londonderry
murphy    kilrea

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 21:00 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone,
just an update on my james queen,i recieved today in the post an obiturary from the evening bullentin
jan 12/1945 providence,
james husdand of alice [plante] queen residence 258 broad street,relatives and friends invited to attend,funeral from the graham home 571 broad street at dartmouth ave,
hope this can narrow my search down a little more ,of course with some help of fellow rootschatters  ;D
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 18 January 12 06:16 GMT (UK) »
In case this is the right Alice: Hormidas Plante and Albina Michon emigrated to U.S. from Rickilien, Canada (   https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MP6N-45X ?? Quebec) with daughter Alice b. 1892 and a big family shown here in 1910
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MP6N-45X and still with parents 1930 so married late in life if right wife
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XMZ2-LJ8
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 18 January 12 13:08 GMT (UK) »
hi j.j
many thanks for they reply,i would be almost certain that is the same alice,as james died 1945 and he served in the us army ww2 and his papers said he had no children and he joined up in 1942 aged 42,at this time his papers also say he was married but not yet a citizen,
thanks again
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea

Offline Kandaharkenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 April 12 23:18 BST (UK) »
This is a very intersting discovery , especially as you mention my Grandfather and Grandmother , I lived at 50 Park Road up until 1993 , .

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 12 May 12 17:29 BST (UK) »
hi everyone,
found this today jonas r queen died 1978 burried in queens park cemetery calgary,is there any possible way to find out anymore about this i.e date and well anything else.
thanks kandaharkenny for the tip
zander
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 May 12 13:35 BST (UK) »
Hello zander.

I would contact the cemetery directly (you s/b able to obtain contact info by googling the cemetery). If they can provide a date you could then try asking the local public library to do a newspaper search for a death notice. Most libraries have an 'ask a librarian' feature on their websites.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada