Author Topic: James Queen  (Read 7043 times)

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Queen
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 11:01 BST (UK) »
hi everyone,
could some kind soul point me in the right direction,
how would i go about trying to find marriages and familys of the 2 men named above in canada ,is there any records online that you can search.
at least i now know that they went to canada but after this i don't know where to go.
thanks again
zander ???
brennan  co.antrim/scotland
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
mccook     armoy co.antrim
mcfall       co.londonderry
murphy    kilrea

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Zander,

Just to try & explain that there are no Central registries/indexes in Canada for BMDs.  Canada has very strict privacy laws and each province imposes its own even further.  Additionally, some provinces are more research friendly than others so researching in Canada can be challenging.  As a guide BMD Records are only available for births more than a 100 years ago, marriages 80 years ago and deaths 70 years ago. So the privacy laws would restrict access to marriage records in the timeframe you are searching in.
Trying to trace modern day families in Canada you depend on newspaper announcements, cemetery records, obituaries, telephone directories etc

Sandra   :(
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 11:32 BST (UK) »
thank's sandra,
thank's for your quick reply.
zander
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 16:25 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

More questions than answers ....

Have you looked for Jonas and James in the US censuses? They are available up to 1930 on the familysearch.org website.

The Canadian 1921 census is expected to be released in early 2013 so that might provide some info if the brothers are still in Canada. Bit of a wait but not too long now.

Do you know anything about Alice Plante at all? Birth place? Parents? Her death which might provide a clue?
Plante is a name that is usually of French origin and would not be out of place in the area the boys were in in Ontario. The Ottawa area also borders the French province of Quebec. Haven't found a marriage record though, unfortunately.

Polarbear

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Yes, checked for the 2 brothers and Alice, the wife of James on Census and border crossing to the USA before this was transferred from the US board. Unfortunately, could find no city directory entries for James or Alice in Rhode Island either. Rhode Island marriages only available up until 1916 at the moment.  A few Plante families around Rhode Island but no further information on Alice to go on.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 17:49 BST (UK) »
hi sandra and polarbear,
i am ever so happy and thankful for all the work that the2 of you have put in on my behalf,
i know nothing about any of the brothers apart from james death and the info that you kind folk have got for me,so sorry about that but thank you's again
zander
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea

Offline zander

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 21:23 BST (UK) »
hi again,
think i have found a little more info on james queen,
under us ww2 army enlistment records
number 31243001 james queen
says he is married
from providence,rhode island .looks like our james
zander
kelly        dunloy
aitcheson co.antrim
murphy    kilrea

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 27 July 11 22:14 BST (UK) »
Shows he was in Providence 29 October 1942 - Education: 3 years of high school - Civil Occupation: Sales clerks Grade:- private
Height: 66 and  Weight: 129

Sandra

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 29 July 11 03:47 BST (UK) »
Don't know if brother Jonas remained in the Ottawa/Osgoode area. There is a Queen family in a nearby locale, but the chances are slim. Never hurts to drop a line and try, though.
http://www.canada411.ca/res/6138204758/A-Queen/145204520/Map.html

As Sandra pointed out, you have a death date, so a search for an obituary for James might help find a little more information.
You may be lucky and one day have the descendants of Jonas find you. They may or may not know more than you. Not unusual for Home children descendants to not know very much about their ancestor's childhood.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com