Author Topic: margaret rudler  (Read 17788 times)

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: margaret rudler
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 04:29 BST (UK) »
I note that the Ancestry 'Arnold family file' has a photo of Thomas CALLAGHAN with what appears to be three workers outside his work office in Dublin and a second photo of Malvina CALLAGHAN nee SUMMONS scrubbing the front path at her home 8 Seaview Avenue, North Dock, Dublin. I checked current google street view and confirmed the front fence shown in Malvina's photo is the same now, down to the missing prong on the fence. See attachments

Offline treebranches

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 20:11 BST (UK) »
wow this thread is so interesting!!!   
That pic is my great grandmother, Malvina.  My grandmother Rose grew up in that house and my mother was there as a child for a short time.   I have a pic of my great grandfather, thomas at my grandmother's wedding, looking very much the same in the pic there!  Must show these pics to my mother.   Have just made contact today with lavender123 via this website.    There are a few threads here about the Callaghans so just getting to read them all.     Must have a look at the ancestry website.   My mother looks after my the family grave in Glasnevin, dublin.   My great grandparents, Thomas and Malvina are buried there along with her own parents and more recent relatives.   The  grave, if its any consolation, it is well looked after and attended too.

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 19 July 20 12:11 BST (UK) »
I note that the Ancestry 'Arnold Family File' shown in my previous post appears to have been superseded by 'newham/carroll family file'.

I also note that my trusty dog pictured on my posts for 11 years has said goodbye to us on the 28Jun20. A sad passing. :(

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 06 November 21 04:21 GMT (UK) »
One further small piece of information on Edward SUMMONS. See attached.
Anne his wife was Anne McCarthy the lady Edward left Margaret RUDLER for.
Anne remarried after Edward died to a Philip NOLAN.
Anne died in 1919 and is buried in the Brighton General Cemetery, Melbourne, Australia.
Her Will makes interesting reading with bequeaths of cash to people all over the world.
But that is a little to distant from the theme of this chat.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 06 November 21 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Just as an aside - the birth referred to for a Henrietta Simmons b.1862 Hendon is not the older sister of Malvina.   The GRO's own index now shows that this Henrietta's mothers mothers maiden name was Lark, not Rudler.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 07 November 21 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annette - Thank you for this info. What a pity :( So I now do not have a birth for Henrietta SUMMONS dau of Margaret RUDLER. I have proof that Margaret RUDLER had a dau Henrietta born circa 1862-3 - this Henrietta did marry William Donald MURRAY in 1891 and appeared on various census records with her mother Margaret who had married a John CHRISTMAS in 1865.
I have looked at Free BDM online and cannot locate the birth of Henrietta SUMMONS.

Can you please advise me where I could find the name LARK in the GROs records - I see a note that says mother's maiden name was added from 1911 - has there been more additions recently?
Are you able to search the GRO records for children born to Margaret RUDLER?

Thanks again for your information most important to get dates right.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 07 November 21 13:28 GMT (UK) »
You can view yourself on the GRO's own site (the one where you order certificates) - it is free to register and you can check the indexes.   It is still a work in progress but all births pre 1911 now show mmn - if mmn is simply blank it means the child was illegitimate.   Deaths index shows ages now from 1837 and includes deaths from 2008 to 2020.   Just relates to births and deaths and, as I said, is a work in progress. 

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Have checked again and looks like Henrietta's birth wasn't registered.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 08 November 21 02:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for GRO link and advice most helpful - I now see the mmn LARK. Also checked RUDLER and no Henrietta birth.  ::)