Author Topic: 1861 liverpool census lookup please  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 liverpool census lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 15:45 BST (UK) »
This isn't what you were looking for but while searching I found a John Fishwick Hatton aged 24 living in West Kirby in the 1881 census, do you think he could be related in some way?

Looking for Hugh Marr and Mary Drummond.

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 15:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert

Yes John Fishwick Hatton is the nephew of Fishwick Hatton.His father John was Fishwicks Brother
The Fishwick part has come right dow the line untill my G Grandfather who was James Fishwick Hatton .
Im just having trouble tracing Fishwick Hattons Wife  Mary Morris are he died in 1857.
I have all the hattons in Westkirby and Hoylake upto 1901 except for the 1841 and onwards for  Mary.

Thanks again

Angela
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 16:47 BST (UK) »
OK, glad you had it already ;)

I had a look for Mary Hatton in the 1861 census in England and Wales without any success either. These mysteries are there to frustrate us.
Looking for Hugh Marr and Mary Drummond.

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 16:50 BST (UK) »
Angela

Sorry...you can't get rid of us that easy

in three previous post mails you said they was married in 1857...now you appear to be saying that they married on 26th Jan 1851! if that is the case they should appear as a married couple on the 1851 census...is that what you was saying...ie they was together as a married couple in the Abercrombie and Rodney ward (because of the info regarding marriage 1857 I thought they was apart)
and if that is the case...why cant I find them?

some Hatton's in the area of Lancs
1851 Manchester Lon, Lancs
Nelson Street
James Hatton  head  26  dyer  manchester
Agnes     "       wife    22  weaver     "
James     "       son     2                    "
--------------------------
Portugal Street, Manchester Lon
Richard Hatton  head  30  boat builder  Bridgenorth, Cheshire
Ellen         "       wife    31                       Heaton Norri, Lancs
Thomas    "        son    3 months            Manchester
--------------------------
Pitt Street, Wigan
James Rigby  head  58  weaver   Wigan
Rose       "     wife    58                    "
Edward   "      son   16  weaver       "
Peter      "        "      14  scholar       "
Richard Hatton son in law  22 weaver  "
Elizabeth  "       daur  21 (mar) weaver "
Thomas    "   gr son   1                       Wigan
----------------------------

Their was a Mary Hatton and a Thomas Hatton who married in the Sept qtr of 1857....was it a joint wedding of brother & sister...or was it they married each other ?
vol 8b, page 744, Prescot, Lancs...........did Fishwick have any brothers named Thomas?
........unfortunately the page is short of the other male who married...the other woman being Elizabeth Dennett........you could look for Thomas & Mary Hatton or you could look for Elizabeth Hatton in 1861, but probably lots?

I know that Fishwick died in 1857....but it needs eliminating...you never know
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Briant
Sorry about the date
i was looking at the certificate and its a vert bad copy of it its not very clear for the date and i thought iwas reading 1857 instead of 1851 .
As i said the lookup of the 1851 was done from someone on the rootsweb list and they didnt give me the film no or anything .
The thing is mary Could have went anywere after her husband died in 1857 or could have remarried so please dont waste alot of time looking ive been searching for this for about a year and still cant get anything on her at all or her father.
Im going to order the holywell 1841 in at my local lds next week to see if they are there so i can get a birth date for her.

Angela
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline Cymrococh

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 June 23 00:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
I suspect that I may be well out of date with this, but I have just joined.
Mary Hatton , née Morris, is my great - great grandmother, via her second marriage. She married an Edward Jones, moving around NE Wales, until they settled in Caergwrle.