Author Topic: Rev. John Jones, Talysarn  (Read 35978 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. John Jones, Talysarn
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 29 December 13 00:13 GMT (UK) »
A long shot,but there is a Pant(y)rhwch in Llanengan district.
1871 ref. RG10 5706  46  7.
Same family in 1881.

Regards
Roger

Offline llynboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 29 December 13 06:11 GMT (UK) »
Pant yr Hwch, Llanengan is in the Pwllheli Register District so again it doesn't fit the age at death profile for Evan Williams on Ancestry, North Wales BMD and the burial record for Llanarmon Church. Funnily enough Laura Evans nee Thomas the lady of the house is a first cousin once removed of Evan Williams on his father's side. Laura's mother Margaret Griffith of Bodwi Llangian was Evan's first cousin.

regards

David

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 29 December 13 08:43 GMT (UK) »
Pont y Chrychddwr is in Llanllyfni - postcode LL54 6DH

1841 census HO107  1397  4/58  7

There are 4 families under this address at this time.
Haven't found later censuses yet.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 29 December 13 09:22 GMT (UK) »
1871  RG10  5712  78  15  (6 families)

1881  RG11  5563  50  19  (3 families)

Regards
Roger

Offline llynboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 29 December 13 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Great find; that does fit. Llanllyfni was in Llandwrog registration subdistrict.

regards

David

Offline llynboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 29 December 13 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Evan Williams did have daughter Grace (born 1816) who lived in Llanllyfni. She married twice, first to John Thomas of Trawsfynydd and then to Lewis Jerman of Aberffraw. Grace is in Llanllyfni in 1871, 1881 and 1891 as Grace Jerman. She's in Pont y Crychddwr in 1881 so it looks like Evan died at her house.

thanks for all your help

regards

David

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 29 December 13 19:41 GMT (UK) »
I came across this while looking for the identity of Ann(e) Williams,first wife of Thomas Edwards(I assume this is still required?I was trying to see,if I had got her burial and,therefore,birth,dates wrong,that she might be sister or daughter of William Williams of Rhosgill)
According to the following I think there was a father and son of the same name.

Search for "Tyhir"  "Rhosgill"  "Rhosgyll"

https://archive.org/details/ycymmrodor44cymmuoft

Regards
Roger

Offline llynboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 30 December 13 06:33 GMT (UK) »
The identity of Anne Williams first wife of Thomas Edwards would be good to get. She is not the sister or daughter of William Williams of Rhosgill. Anne the sister married 1750-1822 married Robert Williams of Creigir Goch Llanengan whereas Anne the daughter 1778-1819 died a spinster at Rhosgill.
That's a fascinating article that you sent me from Y Cymmrodor, so many familiar names and I'm related to some of the people but I doubt whether I'd get invited to drink from those cups!
The William Williams recorded as living at Ty Hir in 1794 on page 27 is not our man. On page 47 it says that the son who inherited Plas yn Rhiw was the son of William Williams of Ty Hir and Rhosgyll on page 23. There is no mention of Rhosgyll on page 23 only Ty Hir. However the William Williams living at Rhosgyll in 1794 is our man. Very confusing a William Williams at Rhosgyll in 1894 and another one at Ty Hir in the same year and to confuse things even more John Williams a son of our William Williams of Rhosgyll was farming Ty Hir by the 1830s!

There is a bit about the two 'other' William Williams in this article about Plas yn Rhiw

http://www.rhiw.com/hanes_pages/plas_yn_rhiw.htm

Thanks again for sending this article, there is a lot of information in there which is useful to me.

regards

David

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 30 December 13 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Another long shot:-
In the baptism records for Elizabeth and Samuel,children of Thomas Edwards and Anne Williams,her parish is given as Llanbeblig.Assuming she was not just resident there,but born there and assuming I have the right burial to give her dates as 1780-1816,there are three possible baptisms(given a +/- 2year tolerance)
One,interestingly is Dec 1779,daughter of Richard Williams(labourer) and Frances.
There is a marriage in Nov 1779 between Richard Williams and Frances Edwards which could fit.

There is a burial record for Frances Williams,South Penrallt,Llanbeblig which would give her as 1760-1839,and a baptism record for Frances Edwards,1759 to Thomas and Moclan(??)

Richard Williams is more difficult.There is a burial record for a Richard 1752-1814,but no abode details and I can't see a will for either of them.

It could all be just coincidence of course,I can't see any obvious way of proving it.

Regards
Roger