Author Topic: Harrington/Gallgher Bracklagh, Kilbeagh  (Read 3263 times)

Offline annron

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harrington/Gallgher Bracklagh, Kilbeagh
« on: Monday 01 August 11 14:10 BST (UK) »
The Harrington family lived on a farm in Bracklagh, Kilbeagh. THOMAS HARRINGTON b1845 married MARY GALLAGHER b1853 in 1875, Thomas's father on the marriage cert is PATH HARRINGTON Landholder, address Bracklagh Kilbeagh and Mary's father is JOHN GALLAGHER Landowner from Puntabeg.

Thomas & Mary had 7 children:- PATRICK b1878 ANNE b1881 CATHERINE b1884 JOHN b1885 MARIA b1887 THOMAS b1888 ELLEN b1895

PATRICK I don't think married and he stayed at home on the farm, any info about him would be helpful.

ANNE is on the 1911 census still living at home aged 30, any info regarding if she married etc would be great.

CATHERINE emigrated to Pennsilvania USA, we have a letter she wrote to my husbands father, James b1915 d.1998 in Wigan Lancashire who is the son of Thomas Harrington b1888. The letter was wrote 7/9/1939 from Pennsilvania, in the letter she refers to 2 cousins of James who live in Pennsilvania, named Tom & John, she says Tom has 2 children Female 1938 and one other not sure if it is male or female b February 1939 and also John has one child. We don't know who these cousins are, if any of this sounds familiar please make contact with me.

JOHN b1885 spent some time working in the coal mines in Wigan Lancashire England and then he returned to the farm sometime after 1911. He was the last one to run the farm, when he died around 1947ish, my husband and his grandfather went back to Bracklagh to sell the farm. John never married.

MARIA b1887 is on the 1901 census but not on the 1911 census, can anybody tell me anything about her if she married etc.

ELLEN b1895, did marry but I don't know who, she had at least 2 children, Maureen & Oliver. After she married she went to live in Boyle, My husband visited her with his grandfather when he went back to sell the farm around 1947. I am looking for any information regarding her marriage and her 2 children MAUREEN & OLIVER.

If any of this sound familiar with anyone's reseach I would love to have contact.

thanks Chris