Author Topic: Death Records Clackmannan  (Read 18165 times)

Offline tommacgregor

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Records Clackmannan
« Reply #27 on: Friday 20 June 08 08:42 BST (UK) »

Hello,

I wonder if you can give me a few brief details about the location of Death Records pre-1855. Is there a specific e-mail address? Do they have a CD of them that I may be able to buy?

Best Wishes,

Tom.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 13 July 08 07:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Hillwalker - Trying to find the death of Robert Sneddon birth c1801, he was married to Charlotte Marshall 26 May 1827 they had a daughter Robina born 1831 Sauchie for some reason Charlotte reverted to her maiden name, but have just obtained death certificate for her son John COOK his parents on cert are James Cook (blacksmith) deceased, and Charlotte Marshall widow of ROBERT SNEDDON, John is markd as illegitimate on death cert.  I think ..I have narrowed it down that ROBERT SNEDDON would have died between 1830 and 1836 ..could be wrong, but...all I have is that he was born Clackmannanshire and his occupation was Pit Banksman..could have been a pit accident ???
Have chased the Marshall's from 1841 thru to 1871 and they remained in Clackmannanshire at Newtonshaw.
I just don't know!! have been chasing ROBERT for quite some time so this is a last resort but as he is my grandfather x3 can't move forward on that side.
Every little would help.  Regards Pat
P.S. May also add Charlotte also had another daughter CHARLOTTE COOK BORN 1826 before her marriage to ROBERT SNEDDON get's complicated  ???
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline joanofacre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 09 November 09 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just to let you know if you google Minning clackmannanshire takes you to a mining history site with lists of fatality accidents etc

joan

Offline check81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 10 November 09 04:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
   I am a new rootschat member.  I see you have Fyfe posted as one of your interests.  I am looking at a ggg grandmother named Jane Fife (aka Fyfe) born 18 Mar 1827, died 2 Dec 1880 at Sauchie.  Is this one of yours?
Thanks
Tom
Gilmour from Sterling and Blackford, Scotland  and Saskatoon, Canada
Henry from Hollymount, Ireland,  Pennsylvania, Elmvale and Saskatoon

Offline DavidofLincs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 29 November 09 00:05 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Hillwalker,

'A little gathering of Cairns'   I wonder what the collective noun for that is - a heap of Cairns? a pile ....? ? ? ?

Just to get back to the start of this thread and Snow White's offer to look up pre-1855 Clackmannan death records from the OPRs.  I think I am right in saying these are the records transcribed and published by the Central Scotland FHS.   If so, then I should warn you that they only cover the period 1832 to 1854.   It was of course optional for the Minister as to whether he recorded deaths in the parish registers - a few did but many did not.

David.

Offline maddymoss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 29 November 09 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I was unaware the library held the OPR records.  I'll try and visit over the coming week.  I realise records of deaths are a bit of a hit and miss but I'm hoping to find the death of Robert Munro who died pre 1851.  He was a Sheriff Officer and according to the 1841 census the family lived in the New Entry, which I gather ran parallel to the remainder of Paton's Mills at Greenside.