Author Topic: Death Records Clackmannan  (Read 18171 times)

Offline hillwalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Death Records Clackmannan
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 14:32 BST (UK) »
I'm from Thomas Drysdale Cairns who married Mary Young. Their daughter Mary married Richard Thomson and I'm descended from them. Our branch of the family lives in Inverness now. This is great- suddenly a little gathering of Cairns!

Offline summerton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 15:44 BST (UK) »
Do you know from whom the name Drysdale came and why Thomas and Mary called their daughter Helen Whyte
I think it's great also suddenly all these Cairns coming together
I am stuck with Andrew and Elizabeth Maxwell as well.

Offline hillwalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 18:53 BST (UK) »
I think the Drysdale is just from an important family in Alva.They were land-owners and manufacturers. This ties in with John and Mary naming their next son James Raymond Johnstone Cairns after the son of Sir John Johnstone of Alva. In spite of hours of hunting, I can find no reason for Helen having the middle name Whyte. I'm also in the dark about James Raymond Johnstone Cairns's daughter Grace-where did the Alexander come from? and why did he call his first son Peter? I see your Andrew and Jane gave two of their children the middle names Morton and Anderson - any idea about these?

Offline summerton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Hillwalker
Grace Alexander was Christina's mother's maiden name and Peter Mcculloch was her father.
I don't know where the names Morton and Anderson came from though.
That's interesting about James Raymond Johnstone I wondered why they named him Raymond Johnstone.
Looking on the IGI I found a John Cairns married a Mary Whyte at Blackford Perth in 1750. so was hoping that I had found Andrew Cairns parents

Offline hillwalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Summerton
Thanks for the information re Christina MCulloch. I last searched for her parents quite a while ago, before I had read enough genealogy books to realise that Christina and Christian were forms of the same name and likewise with Grace and Grizel/Grisel/Grizal.

Scansoft -
How far back have you got with William Drummond's family?. I haven't got anything on the Drummond side  before his father William's marriage to Margaret Donaldson and only Margaret Donaldson's parents and her sisters.

Offline SpanSoft

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Hillwalker,

I see that "Summerton" has joined the chat - we have a history of exchanging family tree info  :)

I do know William Drummond's parents, William Drummond and Margaret Donaldson m. 19 Jul 1772 at Muthill but that's as far as I have got. Margaret Donaldson's parents appear to be William Donaldson and Grizal Chambers (or Chalmers) m. 6 Jan 1740 at Dunning. Muthill is exciting since it is the parish containing Drummond Castle; my grandmother always claimed that there was some funny goings-on on the Drummond side (I think she hoped we were related to the nobility) but that has yet to be proved.

Are you interested in the downward tree from Williamina Eugenia? If so contact me at (*) and I can email the GEDCOM to you.

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline hillwalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Spansoft
I downloaded the gedcom of the Passmore family tree from Ancestry World Tree Project, after a bit of Googling, so i think I'm OK for Williamina. I see her will is available for viewing at Scotlandspeople (under William Eugenia Cairns).

Offline SpanSoft

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Hillwalker,

No problem - the Passmore copy is quite old though - I'm not sure if I've made any changes since then.

I think it must be Williamina's husband William Drummond's will - which I do have a copy of.

Offline hillwalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 19:34 BST (UK) »
This is what is listed on Scotlandspeople:-

Surname Forename Date Description Type Court Reference Image

Cairns William Eugenia ,Mrs 27/09/1864  widow of William Drummond Feuar at Drumhead of Saline   Cupar Sheriff Court SC20/50/36  VIEW (£5.00)
(7 pages )