Author Topic: Essex lookup request  (Read 2101 times)

Offline mimosa

• My email address is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Essex lookup request
« on: Monday 02 May 05 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

If anyone is going in the near future to the Essex records office could they do a look up for a George Mundy (Munday) I know that his wife's name was Eliza and that they are both stated as being born in Baking (registration district I think Romford) I have searched for this guy in the parish of St Peters and St Paul's Dagenham and St Margaret's in Barking but he does not seem to be in either and now I don't know where to turn. Any information would be gratefully received as this is my Gt Grandad and I am at a stand still on this one. ??? ???

Thank you muchly

Mimosa
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Robert_Marr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Essex lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 13:36 BST (UK) »
What sort of timeframe would they have been living in? I lloked in the 1901 Census. The only Eliza Mundys I found living in Essex were a cook and a woman married to an Edwin Mundy.
Looking for Hugh Marr and Mary Drummond.

Offline mimosa

• My email address is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Essex lookup request
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

George was born c1843 and Eliza c1845.

George is not on the 1891 census but is on the 1881 so somewhere in that time frame he must have died, Eliza shows on the 1891 with two of her sons George Jr c1866 and James c1873, they are living in Barking. George Jr was there first child so I am guessing that they would have married some time about 1863-1865 and as I said George Sr must have died between 1881-1891 and Eliza between 1891 and 1901 as I can not find her either on that census.

Thank you for taking the time to look though it is appreciated, any information on these two people would be a great help to me.

Thank you again

Mimosa
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk