Author Topic: badge I.D.  (Read 857 times)

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
badge I.D.
« on: Tuesday 09 August 11 13:29 BST (UK) »
trying to identify a badge for a friend who has only idle gossip about her father.

What we have been told is that he was French born around 1920 - 25 and was supposedly in the French forieghn legion ( I thought that French nationals weren't allowed?). Unfortunately the name he was known by was almost certainly an assumed name, I know myself that he often spoke French, German and Sklav with amazing fluency - so wher he actually originated is anyones guess.

Hopefully this badge may throw some light.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline macintosh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: badge I.D.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 August 11 08:46 BST (UK) »
Can we see the remainder of the pic? I have searched all Axis forces and Allies and can't find anything like this, it looks incomplete in some way,

Regards
JAMES

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: badge I.D.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 August 11 11:53 BST (UK) »
I don't think that there is anything else to help but yes I will put the rest of it on as soon as I have a chance - within the next hour or so.

Many thanks.
          Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol