Author Topic: McKeon, McKeowen, McKeown (and other spellings) and emigration to New Zealand  (Read 12095 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline caimein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McKeon, McKeowen, McKeown (and other spellings) and emigration to New Zealand
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 September 19 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Yes, this is the correct family. Michael married Julia on 9th May 1885. Julia died on 24th November 1894. They had five children. He then married Mary Rigney and had eight children. I have been unable to find/prove either of their births.
Regards
Cai

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McKeon, McKeowen, McKeown (and other spellings) and emigration to New Zealand
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 September 19 22:39 BST (UK) »

Offline caimein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 September 19 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hello,
My mother's cousin sent me the date however, I don't know where she got it from.
Regards
Cai

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 October 19 01:03 BST (UK) »
Hello,
My mother's cousin sent me the date however, I don't know where she got it from.
Regards
Cai
It may or may not prove useful but I would ask her where she got it.

I was trying to figure out the place name on Bridget's birth cert, there is an area on the left of Clara called Clashawaun, which is where Clashawaun Works was, on the map Jute is written under the name so obvious where the family worked.
You can find it on http://map.geohive.ie/mobile.html by searching for Clara Offaly and using the Base Information and Mapping choose the 25" Historic map.

Offline caimein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 October 19 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have written to my cousin to find out where she got the information re Julia McMahon and Michael McKeon's marriage.
I have found on the net that the Goodbodys built worker's cottages in Clashawan and in Church Street Clara, homes for the office staff and foremen.
Michael was living in Clashawan until 1883/84. He was living in Erryarmstrong by Nov 1894.
Caimein