Author Topic: birth details christopher hudson born 1804  (Read 1943 times)

Offline hudsonj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
birth details christopher hudson born 1804
« on: Saturday 13 August 11 22:28 BST (UK) »
can anyone assist please in searching for birth details of christopher hudson, born in silsden we believe in 1804....we can only find his marraige dets to margaret wood in 1825 and addresses for him from 1848 (broughton estate, skipton) and skipton town addresses to his date of death in 1865..can anyone check silsden parish registers please?

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: birth details christopher hudson born 1804
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 August 11 23:01 BST (UK) »
Afraid I cant help with a look up but there is information here where  the registers can be found.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/Misc/CBW/WRY/Silsden.html
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Marmaduke 123

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 August 11 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Hudsonj

I can't see a Christopher Hudson in Silsden I'm afraid. There are a couple of Hudsons having children baptised:

Thomas/Ann from 1806
Matthew/Grace from  1808

There's also a Christopher in the previous generation baptising children at Silsden  1783-1790.

Checking on Familysearch there appear to be several small parishes in the area which aren't on Ancestry, not yet anyway. I believe there atre more to come later in the year.

Anne
Halifax/Huddersfield area West Yorkshire
Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire, Berkshire and nearby areas.
Bilcliffe one name study all areas.

Offline hudsonj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 August 11 00:07 BST (UK) »
Thankyou anne for your diligence and looking into it for me. it is a bit of a quandary at the moment, we think his parents were thomas and ellen nee smith (unconfirmed, ) it appears their 9 children (joan, mary, ann elizabeth henry and some others the last one beeing bridget born think it was 1801..but as we think christopher was the tenth child in this family, it is strange that they are all recorded and baptised, yet no trace of christopher. It may be he was moved away for a while, but he obviously returned to skipton, if that be the case, as he appears on the census's from 1841 forwards, but also no trace of his death, but his stone is in christchurch churchards, cross street, skipton with his wife also on the stone, maragaret nee wood.

Offline hudsonj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 August 11 00:08 BST (UK) »
If anyone else can think of anything that might assist, feel free to dabble.I would be most appreciative, as would my elderly cousin, to 'bottom' this and find out where he, and ourselves, came from! thankyou all.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 August 11 08:10 BST (UK) »

Offline wildreddeer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 January 20 17:54 GMT (UK) »
All records your after can be found under KILDWICK PARISH CHURCH. I also am a Hudson. Vol 1 starts at 1575, goes up to Vol. VI 1678. These are the free ones. Past that you have to pay for them. That's the one that covers SILSDEN.
You can also try:-  Yorkshire, England, Extracted Church of England Parish Records. I have got a great deal of info from there.
Another free site which is also very good is https://www.familysearch.org/search/

All the three above site are very well worth visiting,

All the best, and good luck.

Phil Hudson (wildreddeer)

Hudson Family Tree 1951 (Ancestry UK)