Author Topic: Looking for a death  (Read 1964 times)

Offline frankle

• RootsChat Senior
  • ADAMS CREST
    • View Profile
Looking for a death
« on: Monday 15 August 11 12:59 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help. I am try to trace the death of my great Aunt Mary Ellen Cornthwaite wife of Robert Cornthwaite. She was born in Yorkshire in 1889 and married for the second time to Robert Cornthwaite in 1927 in Liverpool. They had a farm somewhere on the Island. Robert died in 1959 on the Island, but I can not find her death.  Perhaps she came back to England, but I can not find her death here either.
Any help appreciated.
Sandra
Holmes, Adams, Makinson, Wright, Jackson, Rylance, Ball, Fullagar,

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a death
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 17:33 BST (UK) »
there are 3 Cornthwaite (a highly non-Manx name!) burials all between feb 1959 (robert in Kirk German) + Frances (1959) + James (1961) both in maughold - if she was cremated (it started late 69 then no burial but should be a death record - presume you have checked with General Registry tho they charge for checking)  or possibly she married again.  If there is a MI for Robert (ask on http://www.isle-of-man.com/genealogy/messageboard/index.pl ) then possibly it might mention her as well
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline frankle

• RootsChat Senior
  • ADAMS CREST
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a death
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 17:57 BST (UK) »
I am beginning to think she moved back to the main land when her husband died. Their are two possible deaths for me to check.
Thank you so much for looking
Sandra ;D
Holmes, Adams, Makinson, Wright, Jackson, Rylance, Ball, Fullagar,