Author Topic: Christopher & Elizabeth Rossiter  (Read 1138 times)

Offline talktonite

• RootsChat Member
  • Rossiter / Cohen / Cummins / Rubenstein / Lord
    • View Profile
Christopher & Elizabeth Rossiter
« on: Thursday 18 August 11 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I (and a couple of other Rossiter researchers) would welcome any info on Christopher & Elizabeth Rossiter.

I believe the Christopher and Elizabeth are the parents of:

Christopher Rossiter (b.1691, St Andrew, Holborn d.25/5/1692) m. Joan Rossiter
who went on to have:

George Rossiter (b.1712, St Andrew, Holborn d.1769) m. Mary Bradshaw
who went on to have:

Christopher Rossiter (b1746, St Andrew, Holborn) m. Dorothy Adston

Christopher Rossiter (b.1746) was by 5th great grandfather.

I think Christopher and Elizabeth also went on to have Mary Rossiter (b27/09/1689 St Brides).

Thanks in advance

Marc
Rossiter / Cohen / Cummins / Rubenstein / Lord

Offline talktonite

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher & Elizabeth Rossiter
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 August 11 15:07 BST (UK) »
I should also mention that we think it may be possible that Christopher Rossiter (b1688 St Brides) could be related given the similar parish. He married Mary. His parents were Richard and Christiana.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/recordDetails/show?uri=https://api.familysearch.org/records/pal:/MM9.1.r/9HKK-5QD/p1

Thanks

Marc

Offline talktonite

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 May 23 13:44 BST (UK) »
I think I’ve ruled out that Christopher Rossiter is linked to Richard and Christiania Rossiter (their Christopher appears to have died as an infant).

Updating post in the hope someone reads this as part of their research one day. Still looking for the parents of Christopher and Elizabeth.

Thanks

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 May 23 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
For a start
Christopher Rossiter married Joan Blundell by banns 8 Oct 1708 st Andrew Holborn.
There was another Christopher there son  bapt 15 June 1710 St Giles in the Fields  which must have died

It makes sense that he was born and grew up in the same parish but the baptism for 1681 gives a mother Mary.(but there does seem to be some doubt about this)

Christopher s of Christopher and Mary Rossiter in Gray Inn lane 13.8.1691 at St Andrew Holborn.

Christopher Rossiter of little Gray Inn Lane buried 9.3.1724 could be either father or son.

Christopher and Elizabeth are at St Brides
Mary bapt 27 Sep 1689. It looks like she may have died 29th Sep 1689
But there is this
---- a son 13 Sep 1691 in Maidenhead Alley at St Andrew Holborn may be the reason for the confusion.It is a page later than the other baptism ,did the Vicar write up the christenings latter and make a mistake?

There is also a Sarah 18 Dec 1687 d of Christopher and Kerziah of East Smithfields St Botolph Aldgate.
Kezia Rositer widow buried Dec 1690 of East End so you can discount that family.

London Roll website has an apprenticeship for George Rossiter to William Bradshaw of the Clothwork Company 7/11/1727 for £5
It gives his father as Christopher dead Victualler St Andrew Holborn
Freeman 4.2.1734

His brother James was apprenticed to the same man William  Bradshaw butcher of Hockley in the Hole.7 Oct 1729 Freeman 1738.(12th Sept)
Which begs the question why is it mentioned in the Clothworkers Guild Records? Some one in  the family must have been a member.

There is an earlier entry for a Grashio Rossieter in 1679 to join the Clothwork Company as apprentice to George Boddington  who may be a relative.

Another  tit bits
Joan Rossiter admitted to   the Workhouse age 57 years  18th June 1743 died 12th Nov  1743.St Martins Workhouse.

Sorry I can see no more

Ciderdrinker

Offline talktonite

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 May 23 13:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the response. Some of that sounds familiar. I will have a proper look this evening!

Hi
For a start
Christopher Rossiter married Joan Blundell by banns 8 Oct 1708 st Andrew Holborn.
There was another Christopher there son  bapt 15 June 1710 St Giles in the Fields  which must have died

It makes sense that he was born and grew up in the same parish but the baptism for 1681 gives a mother Mary.(but there does seem to be some doubt about this)

Christopher s of Christopher and Mary Rossiter in Gray Inn lane 13.8.1691 at St Andrew Holborn.

Christopher Rossiter of little Gray Inn Lane buried 9.3.1724 could be either father or son.

Christopher and Elizabeth are at St Brides
Mary bapt 27 Sep 1689. It looks like she may have died 29th Sep 1689
But there is this
---- a son 13 Sep 1691 in Maidenhead Alley at St Andrew Holborn may be the reason for the confusion.It is a page later than the other baptism ,did the Vicar write up the christenings latter and make a mistake?

There is also a Sarah 18 Dec 1687 d of Christopher and Kerziah of East Smithfields St Botolph Aldgate.
Kezia Rositer widow buried Dec 1690 of East End so you can discount that family.

London Roll website has an apprenticeship for George Rossiter to William Bradshaw of the Clothwork Company 7/11/1727 for £5
It gives his father as Christopher dead Victualler St Andrew Holborn
Freeman 4.2.1734

His brother James was apprenticed to the same man William  Bradshaw butcher of Hockley in the Hole.7 Oct 1729 Freeman 1738.(12th Sept)
Which begs the question why is it mentioned in the Clothworkers Guild Records? Some one in  the family must have been a member.

There is an earlier entry for a Grashio Rossieter in 1679 to join the Clothwork Company as apprentice to George Boddington  who may be a relative.

Another  tit bits
Joan Rossiter admitted to   the Workhouse age 57 years  18th June 1743 died 12th Nov  1743.St Martins Workhouse.

Sorry I can see no more

Ciderdrinker